ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will NTL get a stamp in passport AND a BRP?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Will NTL get a stamp in passport AND a BRP?

Post by kingcedz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all,
I am looking at the NTL application to transfer ILR to new passport.

On the application form it says
"APPLICATION FOR A NO TIME LIMIT (NTL) STAMP BY SOMEONE WHO ALREADY HAS INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER OR REMAIN IN THE UK AND A BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT"

And this has been mentioned several places in the application form and the NTL Guidance Notes.

Does that mean if I apply for NTL, I will get a visa stamp in my new passport AND a BRP?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm

I think you will only get the Biometric card as Home Office is no longer issuing the visa sticker for ILR.

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Post by kingcedz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 am

also, the original ILR sticker in passport has no expiry date. does the BRP always have an expiry date even for ILR?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 am

kingcedz wrote:also, the original ILR sticker in passport has no expiry date. does the BRP always have an expiry date even for ILR?
Obviously, ILR itself has no expiry but the BRP card might have an expiry date of say 10 years, but we don't know yet, until somebody who applied after 29th Feb receives his/her BRP and reports back here, if there is indeed any expiry date on BRP card.