ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is distance education degree valid for HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaps10
Newly Registered

Is distance education degree valid for HSMP?

Post by kaps10 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:19 am

Dear Members,

I am a working executive and have just completed a degree through distance education mode so my work experience period and education period are overlapping.
The problem is that the degree certificate does not mention that it has been done through distance education mode so will the Case-worker raise an objection as during a given period either I could have been working or studying (in case of full time study)?

how do I explain this to them?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:33 am

I too applied with Distance Education in Master's degree. My consultant told its a not at all a problem. But you have to check below points

First thing what you have to do is.. Check with UK NARIC whether it is equivalent to British master degree or bachelor degree or whatever

if approved by UK NARIC.. Then absolutly no problem in claiming points for that degree. Not all education are approved by UK Naric. Only those from Reputed universities are accepted. So first u have to check with them.

Then,

If you are having experience overlapping with degree then it is better if you get some proof from the university that it is distance education

For me, in my transcript it is mentioned as distance education and not in final degree

also in your experience letter it is safer to put as you have worked for 'Full time'

If all the above things are OK, then no problem at all

ifti786

Post by ifti786 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:46 am

Hi kaps10

If you can get the letter from University that you were student of Evening program, then it will be very helpful to avoid the overlaping of job and study period.

Regards.

Iftikhar