ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First proof of address for spouse migrant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zakiahmaduk
Newly Registered

First proof of address for spouse migrant?

Post by zakiahmaduk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Other than a provisional license, what is the first proof of address my spouse can obtain as she is currently looking to register with NHS who want a proof of address. The provisional license will take 2 weeks so we are looking for something that we can apply for while we wait for the provisional license

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: First proof of address for spouse migrant?

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 pm

zakiahmaduk wrote:Other than a provisional license, what is the first proof of address my spouse can obtain as she is currently looking to register with NHS who want a proof of address. The provisional license will take 2 weeks so we are looking for something that we can apply for while we wait for the provisional license
Name on Utility Bills is what I had provided when my wife had to register with NHS. Some NHS also accept tenancy agreement. Also name on Council Tax is a good proof of address

zakiahmaduk
Newly Registered

Post by zakiahmaduk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm temporarily living with my parents so that may not be possible.

muji111

Proof of address...

Post by muji111 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 pm

zakiahmaduk wrote:I'm temporarily living with my parents so that may not be possible.
Hi

When i was in the same situation a year ago i opened a joint bank account for my wife and when we received the first statement we used it as proof of address for my wife.

when opening a joint bank account u need only your proof of address not your dependent (spouse etc)

This method has 2 benefits
1. proof of address
2. bank account.

Regards,

Aaman

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 am

The easiest way would be to get the dependant's name on a utility bill if you could wait for 2-3 months to receive a statement with the dependant's name.

The other option as suggested would be to get a bank account which could be a joint account or a basic account for which you don't need much proof but would need to maintain a specific sum at all time.
Give me more Karma (+)