ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET(M) ..... new version warning ..... 29.02.12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John
United Kingdom

Form SET(M) ..... new version warning ..... 29.02.12

Post by John » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 am

UKBA have issued a new version of the form SET(M), and it must be used for applications to be made on or after 29.02.12 .... this coming Wednesday.

For the new version .... click here.
John

deep_love
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Form SET(M) ..... new version warning ..... 29.02.12

Post by deep_love » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

John wrote:UKBA have issued a new version of the form SET(M), and it must be used for applications to be made on or after 29.02.12 .... this coming Wednesday.

For the new version .... click here.
Hi, i have filled the old form and i will apply before 29th of Feb 2012 premium service if online apllying service active. My visa expiry 28th April 2012...

It will be 2 year in the next month 15th of March.

Can i apply with old set(M) from before 29th of Feb ?
And can i choose my appointment day is that possible when i apply or UKBA giving me an appointment day?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

As far as I can see, the "relevant date" is :-
  • if you are applying in person at a PEO, the date you go along to the PEO (not the date you make the appointment)
  • if you are posting the application, the date you post it
If the "relevant date" is on or before 28.02.12 then use the old form. But if the "relevant date" is on or after 29.02.12, then the new form must be used. Do not turn up at a PEO on or after 29.02.12 with the old form.
John

ARVI
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by ARVI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:41 am

Dear John
thanks for providing the latest form on site .

Pls answer my query

Person applying his ILR on WP basis now a days( means after 29th Feb) need to have BRP

While he is going for ILR in PEO personelly, Will HO perform formalities of BRP before issuing ILR?

What if dependent is included in application (as dependent is not reqd to go in there ) how they take BRP for dependent?

Will it possible that WP holder and dependent can apply for just only BRP (not reqd extension of stay)before they going PEO for apply ILR?

ARVI
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by ARVI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am

Dear John

Pls answer my query

Person applying his ILR on WP basis now a days( means after 29th Feb) need to have BRP

While he is going for ILR in PEO personelly, Will HO perform formalities of BRP before issuing ILR?

What if dependent is included in application (as dependent is not reqd to go in there ) how they take BRP for dependent?

Will it possible that WP holder and dependent can apply for just only BRP (not reqd extension of stay)before they going PEO for apply ILR?

ARVI
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by ARVI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 am

Dear John
I have read few bits from ukba website and came to know that BRP can be applied only as a part of extension of your stay or its part of your ILR application if you choose to go PEO for ILR premium service and HO will perform to take all the required finger prints and digital photos in there.

If I am right earlier dependents need not to go with main applicant for applying ILR.

So is it necessary for dependent to go along with main applicant at PEO for BRP purpose while they choose premium service? OR Is there is something else HO has arranged for premium ILR applications includes dependents?

Pls clarify this.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:19 pm

ARVI wrote:Dear John

Pls answer my query

If you are applying in person and dependents are included in the application they will be required to attend the PEO in order to enrol their biometric information.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

ARVI wrote:Dear John
I have read few bits from ukba website and came to know that BRP can be applied only as a part of extension of your stay or its part of your ILR application if you choose to go PEO for ILR premium service and HO will perform to take all the required finger prints and digital photos in there.

If I am right earlier dependents need not to go with main applicant for applying ILR.

So is it necessary for dependent to go along with main applicant at PEO for BRP purpose while they choose premium service? OR Is there is something else HO has arranged for premium ILR applications includes dependents?

Pls clarify this.
it is not correct that a BRP can only be applied for as part of an extension of stay/ILR application if made at the PEO. They can (indeed) must also be applied for as part of an application made by post.

dependents will need to attend the PEO to give biometrics as per my post above.

ARVI
Newly Registered

Post by ARVI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Dear Greenie
thanks for your reply