ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa delay & no multiple entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hoch
Newly Registered

Spouse visa delay & no multiple entry visa

Post by Hoch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Irish / Non-EU. Married 5 years, applied to Irish Embassy to bring spouse to Ireland for first time.

"Spouse visa will take 3 months but can give you a 3 month holiday single entry in 2 weeks"

Took holiday visa - at DUB airport, Imm told me to apply to INIS for Spouse visa so we didn't have to leave and re-apply overseas.
INIS timeline for spouse visa NINE MONTHS !!!

Problem is Spouse was supposed to ( and is under 'family' pressure to ) return home for family occasion in March, but if we go back then she has to reapply to the Irish embassy and we have to twiddle our thumbs for another month while my biz here goes down the tubes.

Phoned Watters to ask Q, but 'Guard dog' secretary told me it was Watters policy to charge €50 to ask a yes or no Q !!

Anybody know how to get a multiple entry visa while INIS are processing Spouse visa.

(I got spouse visa in her country in 10 working days !!! )

adlexy

Re: Spouse visa delay & no multiple entry visa

Post by adlexy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Hoch wrote:Irish / Non-EU. Married 5 years, applied to Irish Embassy to bring spouse to Ireland for first time.

"Spouse visa will take 3 months but can give you a 3 month holiday single entry in 2 weeks"

Took holiday visa - at DUB airport, Imm told me to apply to INIS for Spouse visa so we didn't have to leave and re-apply overseas.
INIS timeline for spouse visa NINE MONTHS !!!

Problem is Spouse was supposed to ( and is under 'family' pressure to ) return home for family occasion in March, but if we go back then she has to reapply to the Irish embassy and we have to twiddle our thumbs for another month while my biz here goes down the tubes.

Phoned Watters to ask Q, but 'Guard dog' secretary told me it was Watters policy to charge €50 to ask a yes or no Q !!

Anybody know how to get a multiple entry visa while INIS are processing Spouse visa.

(I got spouse visa in her country in 10 working days !!! )
Well, an option, a tough one may be to go back and get another 10days entry holidays visa again on the way back.

Otherwise, spouse cannot get a re-entry as long as her application is still under consideration at INIS.

Or worst case scenario, the spouse just have to step back and miss the family event. Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet :(

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Can A Spouse of an Irish Citizen get a visa visa to Ireland??????? My fiancee has had an irish tourist visa to visit me. he was here in early this month and went back as per conditions of his visa.. We want to marry in his country in the coming months.. We dont plan on securing a spousal visa yet because he has to ensure his qualifications will be recognised here before the move and added to that there is no work in Ireland at the moment.. Also im not in a a position to support a spousal visa at the moment ... he would rather stay in his job in his country until the optimal time comes to relocate here anyway.. Can we secure tourist visas for him until this time? or will they assume he will overstay the visa ?