ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelors Degree Points - March 30th 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soundlessecho
Newly Registered

Bachelors Degree Points - March 30th 2009

Post by soundlessecho » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

Below is the brief history of my initial Tier1 visa application dates:
I had made an initial submission of Tier1 application via online (vfs website) on 27th March 2009.
The payment was made on the same day (27th March 2009) at vfs website online and the biometric appointment was booked for 30th Mar 2009 from the same site.
I got my biometric done on 30th March 2009 and then the next day posted the form filled online and other original docs to home office Chicago US.
As I remember, the rules in guidance notes then had mentioned that "For out of country applications, the date of application is considered as the date the applicant made the payment or date the biometric was done whichever is later"
In my case, the biometric was done on 30th March 2009 and hence i claimed 30 points for Bachelor degree and got my visa approved by home office in chicago with start date of visa being 6th May 2009.

Extension at Belfast PEO:
On March 2nd 2012, I had been to Belfast PEO for extension of my Tier1 General visa extension.
The visa officer quickly went through my docs and the saw highlighted area in the form where i had claimed 30 points for Bachelor and date of visa issued as 6th May 2009.
The visa officer claimed in their system that the date of my initial Tier1 visa is 3rd April 2009 which is when they received the docs+form at home office(Chicago)
She refused to consider the date of biometric as the date of application even though I had submitted a copy of Biometric appointment email held on March 30th 2009 as an evidence.
Hence she told me to send the application by post where the concerned home office can investigate my initial application date to get a better clarity.
At the same time, she said that they wont be charging 1300£ for this visit and suggested to make postal application.

I will be grateful if anyone can suggest me the way to approach this case.
Does anyone have a copy of Tier1 Guidance rules before and after 31th March 2009?
What are the pieces of evidence that i can submit to claim my initial date of application as 30th March 2009 other than the email biometric appointment copy i have?
I still have 2 months of visa left. Hence want to submit the application with all possible evidences to claim 30th March 2009 as the initial application date

Thanks in advance

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Yes you are very much right. Applications made from outside the UK, see the link below for the guidance in place for Tier 1 (General) in March, 2009.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... idance.pdf

Page 9, Section 43

Hope this will help you. all the best :D

soundlessecho
Newly Registered

Post by soundlessecho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 am

@shahjee11 Many thanks for sending me the link to guidance notes which clearly mentions date of application.
Are there any other pieces of evidence that I could submit to prove 30th March as the application date?

N2012

Post by N2012 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:48 pm

In the online points calculator, UKBA explain the date of application made overseas as the date of the payment associated with the application, and don't mention anything about the biometrics. Maybe it would be useful for you to also submit the receipt of your payment if you still have it.

soundlessecho
Newly Registered

Post by soundlessecho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 pm

After making the payment i had received the below email. As suggested i will submit this receipt as well.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 27 March 2009 12:48
Subject: WorldPay CARD transaction Confirmation
To:

Transaction Confirmation
Please retain for your records

Thank you

Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of British Embassy.
Transaction details:

Transaction for the value of: USD 882.00
Description: PBS Tier 1 Highly Skilled Migrant - Tier 1 (General) Migrant
Merchant's cart ID: GWxxxxxxxx
Authorisation Date/Time: 27/Mar/2009 12:47:59
WorldPay's transaction ID: xxxxxxx
This is not a tax receipt.
Enquiries

This confirmation only indicates that your transaction has been processed successfully. It does not indicate that your order has been accepted. It is the responsibility of British Embassy to confirm that your order has been accepted, and to deliver any goods or services you have ordered.

If you have any questions about your order, please email British Embassy at: chicago.evisa@fco.gov.uk, with the transaction details listed above.
Thank you for shopping with British Embassy.
When you submit your transaction for processing by WorldPay you confirm your acceptance of WorldPay’s shopper privacy policy, a copy of which can be viewed at: http://support.worldpay.com/shopper/privacy/

To find out more about how your transaction was processed, visit WorldPay’s Frequently Asked Questions at:
http://support.worldpay.com/shopper/faqs/

aki
Newly Registered

Post by aki » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:51 am

Hi,
I am also facing the same issue as you are please let me know what are you doing in your case and also the outcome of your case. I went on 5th March 2012 and had the same issue. But they kept my docs to further checking.

soundlessecho
Newly Registered

Post by soundlessecho » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:19 pm

@aki: I am planning to submit postal application with whatever supporting docs i can gather to prove the date of initial application is 30th march 2009
Could you please let me know which peo you have approached on 5th March 2012? Please share your outcome