ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Story Of Success ! Liverpool Peo ! Ilr Granted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Story Of Success ! Liverpool Peo ! Ilr Granted

Post by mafaquem » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 am

Hi All

I would like to thanks everyone on this forum for all their help and support and also want to share my successful experience in regards to my ILR application I made last week via PEO service.

I was on Tier 1 ( General ) for last 3 years and before that I had 2 years on HSMP , so in total 5 years + 2 dependent ( wife and son)

I had an appointment on 28th Feb in Liverpool at 14:30, got there at 13:15. After 10 min of security check we were given token number and were advised to sit in the waiting area. At around 14:00, lady called us on counter and asked for Life in the UK pass notification and application form. (she also told us the scores) . She then asked me to sign the form saying if my application gets refused, I won't get the refund.

After 15 min, at 14:15 I got called on payment counter, a nice lady took my card and I have paid there and got the receipt

At 14:30, I was called on the interview counter, again a very nice lady asked for my passport and forms. I gave that to her and also my cover letter and the file I have prepared (see the below documentation list) . I also gave her 1 exact same file where every single document was photocopied. The lady smiled and said many thanks for this, Lady then said , leave the files with her and sit in waiting area, if she will have any questions she will call me on the desk again, if not then she will let me know in around 60-90 min

After 60 min at 15:30, I was called and the officer said all the documents were fine and she did say she was pleased with the organization of documents and granted all of ILR. She also added that I have made her job easy by doing photocopies ( so really do that, it helps). She then advise to wait for 20 min and we should get our passport back

At 16:00 another officer called us and gave the passport and leaflets to us ( that was the last day of getting the sticker on passport , now ILR has to go through biometrics card )

Neither I was asked any single question nor the lady check any other documents apart from my passport , life in the uk test and documents for salary points ( this is what i think). The only photocopies taken were passports ( every single page), bank statements. Payslips + p60s, , employer letters , life in the uk test notification , birth certificate for my child and our marriage certificate

So all in all, it worked out really well for me . Alhamdollillah :)

I just put the list of documentation however it may differs according to your own situation and case

Points Scoring Area Points Claimed
Previous earnings 30
Qualifications 35
Age 20
UK experience 5
Total Points Claimed - 90
Supporting Documents for my Application
Points Scoring Area Documents
Previous earnings
1) Pay slips for the full 12-month earnings covering the period from 1st Feb 2011 till 31st Jan 2012(13 pay slips) + Letter from employer confirming the validation of online pay slips
2) Personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period from 18th Feb 2011 till 16th Feb 2012
3) 2 P60 of dated April 2011 and April 2010
4) 2 Statements of Pay and Deductions for Year 2009-2010 and 2010-2011

Qualifications:
Evidence submitted with original HSMP application in 2007 as well as in extension application for Tier 1 (General)
Evidence submitted in last application however please see my Passports along with my Valid Full UK Driving License ( can be found in cohabitation documents section )
UK experience:
Please see evidence submitted in earning section
Additional Documents:

Please see the following additional documents I have submitted with my application

A. 6 Passports ( 3 current passports for all 3 applicants+ 3 previous passports for all 3 applicants)
B. 1 Original Work permit letter (I have received at time of approval of my initial application in 2007)
C. Letters from UKBA issued in March 2009 , confirming me and my dependants extensions under Tier 1(general)
D. 3 Letters from employer
a) 1 Employment Contract ( Initial one with the extension made to my employment contract)
b) 1 Letters from my Employer confirming my grade and basic salary
c) 1 Letter from my employer confirming my academic/ work experience and excellence in my current job
along with surety of Job once ILR get approved
E. Original Marriage Certificate
F. Original Full Birth Certificate with standard Birth Certificate of my Son
G. 2 Life in the UK pass notification (2 Life in the UK pass notification. One for myself and one for my wife

Other Documents (For Cohabitations: covering 24 months period)
In Joint Names:
1) 2 Tenancy agreements
2) 7 Council tax bills + Letters
3) 11 Utility bills + 4 Letters from Eon& British Gas

In Wife’s name on the same addresses

1) 2 DVLA (My license along with counterpart + My wife’s license along with counterpart)
2) 12 Bank Statements (for both addresses)
3) 5 Electoral Roll & Council Letters (for both addresses)
4) 5 TV licenses ( for both addresses)
5) 4 NHS Letters (for both addresses)
6) 1 NI Letter
7) 9 Mobile (o2) bills
4 Misc Letters ( from Boots and Barclay etc for both addresses)

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:38 am

Congrats mafaquam...
i hve my appointment at liverpool on 27 march for ilr. can you plz tell which card you used to pay the fees. i am planning to use visa debit card.
thanks....

anuj.bhateja
Newly Registered

Post by anuj.bhateja » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 pm

hello my friend

which visa were you on before hsmp. did you do your masters from uk.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Congrats mafaquam !!!

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Post by mafaquem » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:25 pm

drzeevoh73 wrote:Congrats mafaquam...
i hve my appointment at liverpool on 27 march for ilr. can you plz tell which card you used to pay the fees. i am planning to use visa debit card.
thanks....
hiya... i paid wither master card (credit card)..good luck

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Post by mafaquem » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:29 pm

anuj.bhateja wrote:hello my friend

which visa were you on before hsmp. did you do your masters from uk.
In 2007 i was given flr on hsmp but in 2009 (when i went for extension) i ws given FLR s Tier 1 (General)

from 2005-2007 as I was on SEGS ( which i got after my Master degree which i did in the uk)

regards

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Post by mafaquem » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats mafaquam !!!

Thanks Sunil

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 am

Congrats !

immiguy
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by immiguy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 am

HI Mafaquem,

Congrats for getting ILR.

I have got only one question for you, You said you put the covering letter, can you please explain what you have included in your Convering letter.

Also, did they took your finger prints for biometrics?

Thanks,
immiguy

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:53 am

Cover Letter is not a requirement and if your case is straight forward and you have nothing to explain, you don’t need a covering letter.

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Re: Congrats

Post by mafaquem » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:57 am

immiguy wrote:HI Mafaquem,

Congrats for getting ILR.

I have got only one question for you, You said you put the covering letter, can you please explain what you have included in your Convering letter.

Also, did they took your finger prints for biometrics?

Thanks,
immiguy
Agree with Linker ( below post) cover letter is not a requirement but as I have got a few extra document I put the cover letter ( so in the last page of the form I said in other documents please refer to cover letter )

hope that will help, it certainly helped me

regards