ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BR5, Non-EEA FAMILY MEMBER OF BULGARIAN

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loveforlove

BR5, Non-EEA FAMILY MEMBER OF BULGARIAN

Post by loveforlove » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello everybody!
Could you please share your experience the same situation I've got.

I sent my documents to UKBA in November 2011, can anyone tell me how long does it take to obtain the answer from Home Office?On the website it is written that this week they are proceeding docs received on 28 of September, but it lasts already several weeks.

My husband is a student at the college, what is usually validation time of residence card received in such case?

Many thanks!

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:23 pm

As I see my case is not popular on this website. I still wait for my documents (3 months), there was no response from Home Office. It is written on the HO website that I cannot contact them to check the progress of my application withtin 6 months of receipt. It is written that they are dealing now with the cases received on 26th of October. It takes so long time...Maybe someone can share his friends' experience, please...

Many thanks

Shef
Newly Registered

Post by Shef » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi loveforlove, I'm married to a Bulgarian so I can share my experience. It took Home Office 2 Months and 1 week to issue my Residence card. The Home Office must issue your residence card within 6 months if all is okay with your application.

You can't complain or do anything until this time has elapsed!

Kind regards.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Shef wrote:Hi loveforlove, I'm married to a Bulgarian so I can share my experience. It took Home Office 2 Months and 1 week to issue my Residence card. The Home Office must issue your residence card within 6 months if all is okay with your application.

You can't complain or do anything until this time has elapsed!

Kind regards.
Shef,thank you for your message! What is validation of your Residense Card? I do not know what to expect, because one person tells me that Card could be issued just for 1 year, another for 5 years.What was the case of your application as a family member of (student or self-employed)?

Thanks!

Shef
Newly Registered

Post by Shef » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 am

I guess I replied your pm but if I didn't....Hi,

All EEA residence card have a validity period of 5 years.

I applied as a family member of a self-employed EEA national and the HO contacted me 2 months after submission to request more evidences like pictures and wedding DVD and my residence card was issued 2 weeks after I responded.

Hope I've been of little help, don't worry too much....all will be alright as long as all you paperworks are alright.

Regards.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

Shef wrote:I guess I replied your pm but if I didn't....Hi,

All EEA residence card have a validity period of 5 years.

I applied as a family member of a self-employed EEA national and the HO contacted me 2 months after submission to request more evidences like pictures and wedding DVD and my residence card was issued 2 weeks after I responded.

Hope I've been of little help, don't worry too much....all will be alright as long as all you paperworks are alright.

Regards.
I hope everything is ok with my papers. Anyway I need to wait. I am worrying a little maybe they lost my docs, because you told me that your papers were ready in 2 months, another person also got RC in 2 months...

Thank you for your reply!!!

Jersey

Post by Jersey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Don't worry, they are just lazy and work slowly in order to discourage people from applying but they are required to give it to you.

When they will reach your application, they will process it the same day, and then you will get it back within couple of days. It's just they have applications before yours.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Jersey wrote:Don't worry, they are just lazy and work slowly in order to discourage people from applying but they are required to give it to you.

When they will reach your application, they will process it the same day, and then you will get it back within couple of days. It's just they have applications before yours.
Thank you for your supporting words!It is quite difficult to wait docs for such a long time, because I can not work, study or travel...We have no way, but withstand the test of time.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi lovoeforlove,
You can once contact them and just say to calling to check whether they have received your application as you worried if your docs got lost, once they confirm they got it then follow the question(is it processed yet? or how long should I expect something?) and also while you waiting for RC you should receive a letter that you can work(work permit as a family member of EEA national).
I hope I have helped, good luck.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:03 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi lovoeforlove,
You can once contact them and just say to calling to check whether they have received your application as you worried if your docs got lost, once they confirm they got it then follow the question(is it processed yet? or how long should I expect something?) and also while you waiting for RC you should receive a letter that you can work(work permit as a family member of EEA national).
I hope I have helped, good luck.
Hi Spike_UK,

Thanks for your message. I'll try to call HO tommorow, but I am not sure that they will listen to me, because everywhere on their website is written that I cannot contact them to check the progress within 6 months.

They did not send me any letter saying that I can work while waiting my RC, because I am non-eea family member of a Bulgarian (A2 national).
A2 nationals have to obtain Registration certificate or work permit before starting to work in UK.

Best regards!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi loveforlove,
So I guess ur husband doesnt work and hasnt obtained neither Registration certificate or work permit!! otherwise u will be able to get a work permit too.

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi loveforlove,
So I guess ur husband doesnt work and hasnt obtained neither Registration certificate or work permit!! otherwise u will be able to get a work permit too.
My husband got a Registration certificate or someone calls it Yellow Card as a student at the college and he is doing NVQ level, so thanks God he is working.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm

loveforlove,
If that a case then im sure u should be getting some letters and u can work, as I had them as well, but I was married to EEA national if it makes any different.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

spike_UK wrote:loveforlove,
If that a case then im sure u should be getting some letters and u can work, as I had them as well, but I was married to EEA national if it makes any different.
Hi spike_UK,

Bulgarians and Romanians are EEA nationals, but their rights differ from A8 nationals, because Bulgaria and Romania are not in Schengen yet. I contacted some of my friends that had the same situation and got their RC and they did not receive any letters from HO stating their right to work before getting RC. I do not know what is nationality of your spouse, I think A8 country, that's why you got right to work before obtaining RC.

Many thanks!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:46 pm

loveforlove,
I guess u right about the nationality, my spouse is A8. so good luck and hope u get it soon.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 pm

spike_UK wrote:loveforlove,
I guess u right about the nationality, my spouse is A8. so good luck and hope u get it soon.
I also hope that I am not mistake in, anyway I'll try to contact Home Office. Thanks for support!

Regards!