ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application- Proof of Residence for my spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brish
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application- Proof of Residence for my spouse

Post by brish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi;
I am using this forum first time. One of my friend suggested me this forum to get advice regd my wife's naturalization application.

I am naturalized Irish Citizen from last few months. My wife arrived here on dependent visa in late 2005. Since then she was on the same visa till now. She has all 6 year valid stamps on her current passport. Now i want to apply for her irish citizenship based on spouse of Irish national (Myself).
I see following documents required in the current application form :

• Copies of 3 different proofs of residence in the State for both applicant and spouse/civil partner for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address. Proofs include household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank Statements, revenue, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.

• Evidence of residency permission i.e. a copy of your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the State for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc.

Due to some personal reason, she never worked in Ireland. Hence she is not holder of any bank account or any of utility bills. All bank accounts and utility bills are on my name only. I can put her name on my bank accounts and utility bills as joint holder now but then as per requirement i will need to wait for 3-4 months to get 3 months prior statements/bills.

She only has following docs (as far as i can think of) :
1. Her current Irish Driving Licence. (Holder from last 5 yrs)
2. Her name as named driver on my Car Insurance Policy. (named driver from last 5 yrs)
3. Her name on my company health insurance. (From last 6 yrs)
4. Her name on Rent agreements from last 5 yrs.

Can anybody suggest me if above documents are sufficient enough or do i need more (specific) documents on her name (only) ?

Any advice is much appreciated in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:10 pm

you need these documents passport copy,birth cert,payslips,bank statment last 3 months,employee letter,p60,marriage cert you can show them what ever proof you have living together.there is no need to wait furtther 3-4 months to get bills.they just want to see you both living together you can go to your gp get the refrence letter.also swear affidvate you both living together in xxxxx address since xxxx time etc etc .good luck

biggerjosh

hi

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Just to tell u whatever proof u r giving , u have to give it for both of u it dosent matter whether both ur names are there in the same bill and one more thing proofs has to be only for the last 3 months and not five years.
thanks

brish
Newly Registered

Post by brish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Thx IQU and biggerjosh !!