ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Form Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Extension Form Questions

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:53 pm

All,

After contributing to the forum, I suppose its my time to raise the few questions relating to the form. They appear to be basic and straight forward, but I could do with confirmation/help:

To confirm - I have valid T1 General - 24/3/09 - 24/3/12 and have PEO appointment in few days.

Main Applicant Form:
1. Section B - Q B11 / B12 / B14 - Are we to specify UKBA Ref No (as indicated on Visa sticker on current passport) in any of these questions?

2. Section D - Q D2 / D3 / D4 - I entered UK under Student Visa in 2003 and got my Tier 1 in General in 2009. Relating to
D2 & D3 - One should supply the first ever entry to the UK data here (in my case, visa details relating to my student visa) or the one relating to Tier 1 Successful Application data? If so, I had my T1 stamped in the UK and what should be the entry clearance date (date of visa valid from)?
D4 - Again as above, should it be the Visa ref (as on sticker) for student visa or T1 General Visa?
D5 - This should be declared "No" - Please confirm

Section E - Again, this has been touch based on but just to confirm. I was issued FPN with £60 fine and 3 points by Traffic Enforcement Officer, and I am declaring NO (AS ADVISED IN THIS STICKY) to a question
E1 - Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including Traffic Offences) or any civil judgements made against them?

Section J -

Question J4 - I am claiming the points as employed/salaried person from 2 employers. Should I mention the start and end dates for each employer individually or indicate them under one bunch?
Question J5 - As in above case, to confirm, should both employment details listed separately?
Question J9 - Question asked about providing contact details in case HO needs to verify all the details etc etc - Does this need to be the details for each employer?

Dependent Form -

Can I list my credit card details for the payment of the dependent visa fees? And also, sign in place of Cardholder's signature?

Section H - Reference Numbers
Question H1 - Has HO ever issues reference number? Should this be Yes or No? And if Yes, Should Question H2 be the reference number as on the Visa sticker?

Section L -
Question L3 - Ref number of main applicant's most recent application to HO - Does this need to refer to my visa reference number (as stated on my last visa sticker)?
Question L4 - Based on above, would this be my last application date (in 2009)?

Your help to any of the above question will be appreciated.

Thanks,
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

1 this is not the number on visa in passport, its reference number from last T1 application, its optional so leave it blank

2 this is last entry clearance, not first & not initial T1 application

D5 depends whether u have all previous passports which had LTR

J4 - mention each employer separately & their dates, no matter is they are overlapping. contact details for each employer can be provided on the cover letter

H is about qualification
L is about English language requirement

are you sure you using the right form ?
Manka

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks. Why did you raise the question if I'm using the right form? Is that becuase of sexction H and L? If so, I think you forgot to read that I was reffering them to dependent form.

Ta
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Also, D5 - I only have 1 passport which does have my current T1 visa (valid until 24/3/12).
I'm struggling to get the wordings correct with this!!

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Regarding L3 L4, I left these blanks and got approval same day. I asked the case worker explicitly that I have left these blanks, as I don't know what to write and he said "Don't worry about these".

Yes, you can write your credit card number and sign it. I did the same.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:45 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Thanks. Why did you raise the question if I'm using the right form? Is that becuase of sexction H and L? If so, I think you forgot to read that I was reffering them to dependent form.

Ta
Sorry didnt read that was for dependent
Manka

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks mate. Appreciate it
tahirnaveed wrote:Regarding L3 L4, I left these blanks and got approval same day. I asked the case worker explicitly that I have left these blanks, as I don't know what to write and he said "Don't worry about these".

Yes, you can write your credit card number and sign it. I did the same.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi raxs1983,
Do you have suggestions for Questions B26: The applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves Employed, Self-Employed or Other( e.g. Student)?
At the time of my application, I will be just coming to UK and will be looking for a job, but most likely not have a job. I have been an employee for all my working career. Should I say Employee or Other?

Thanks.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi - What category are you applying under?
iubus2005 wrote:Hi raxs1983,
Do you have suggestions for Questions B26: The applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves Employed, Self-Employed or Other( e.g. Student)?
At the time of my application, I will be just coming to UK and will be looking for a job, but most likely not have a job. I have been an employee for all my working career. Should I say Employee or Other?

Thanks.

friday

Post by friday » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:45 pm

2 this is last entry clearance, not first & not initial T1 application

May you please what do you mean by last entry clearance. I thought this would be initialTier 1 for the the author of the post?! As he was here as student, then applied for T1 and now he wants to extend. So the last clearance before extension is initial T1 ? Please correct me if I am worng.

I am in similar situation: first, student VISA obtained outside UK. Then Tier 1 2009 obtained in UK, and am planning for Tier 1 extension. I am confused which dates and country to use to fill section D.

Shall I use my initial T1 VISA or Student VISA details?

Thank you.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Extension Form Questions

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Any help from experienced personnel on the outstanding questions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
R
raxs1983 wrote:
Main Applicant Form:
1. Section B - Q B11 / B12 / B14 - Are we to specify UKBA Ref No (as indicated on Visa sticker on current passport) in any of these questions?

2. Section D - Q D2 / D3 / D4 - I entered UK under Student Visa in 2003 and got my Tier 1 in General in 2009. Relating to
D2 & D3 - One should supply the first ever entry to the UK data here (in my case, visa details relating to my student visa) or the one relating to Tier 1 Successful Application data? If so, I had my T1 stamped in the UK and what should be the entry clearance date (date of visa valid from)?
D4 - Again as above, should it be the Visa ref (as on sticker) for student visa or T1 General Visa?

Section J -

Question J4 - I am claiming the points as employed/salaried person from 2 employers. Should I mention the start and end dates for each employer individually or indicate them under one bunch?
Question J5 - As in above case, to confirm, should both employment details listed separately?
Question J9 - Question asked about providing contact details in case HO needs to verify all the details etc etc - Does this need to be the details for each employer?

Dependent Form -

Section L -
Question L3 - Ref number of main applicant's most recent application to HO - Does this need to refer to my visa reference number (as stated on my last visa sticker)?

Thanks,
R

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi raxs1983,
I am applying under Tier 1 General (Extension)
iubus2005 wrote:
Hi raxs1983,

Thanks.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:42 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Hi raxs1983,
I am applying under Tier 1 General (Extension)
iubus2005 wrote:
Hi raxs1983,

Thanks.
So, it is extension and you are just coming to the uk now? I am sorry but I am struggling to understand your situation! IF so, you would use the option that best suits you for the time you are claiming your points, i.e employed, self-employed etc

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 pm

raxs1983 wrote:All,

After contributing to the forum, I suppose its my time to raise the few questions relating to the form. They appear to be basic and straight forward, but I could do with confirmation/help:

To confirm - I have valid T1 General - 24/3/09 - 24/3/12 and have PEO appointment in few days.
When is ur PEO date
Main Applicant Form:
B11 - The Tier 1 General approval letter will have 'Our reference' written on top right corner, mention that number here in B11

B12 - Did you had any work permits in the past..if not, this will be blank..

B14 - Leave it blank

D2 - the student visa date as that is ur entry clearance visa
From ur passport..the red number and alphabet
No

Section E - Again, this has been touch based on but just to confirm. I was issued FPN with £60 fine and 3 points by Traffic Enforcement Officer, and I am declaring NO (AS ADVISED IN THIS STICKY) to a question
E1 - Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including Traffic Offences) or any civil judgements made against them?
If you are not taken to the court then it will be No

Section J -

Mention it individually. dont bunch them
Yes
Contact details of both ur employers..somebody from HR or finance department

Dependent Form -

Can I list my credit card details for the payment of the dependent visa fees? And also, sign in place of Cardholder's signature?
you can mention ur credit card details, if both applying together

Section H - Reference Numbers
Question H1 - Has HO ever issues reference number? Should this be Yes or No? And if Yes, Should Question H2 be the reference number as on the Visa sticker?
Visa approval letter number
Section L -
Visa approval letter - Our reference number - from ur letter
Yes

Thanks,
R

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 pm

I guess you already got the answer before I could post it :P
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Some comments as marked
pgaitonde wrote:

When is ur PEO date - 13th March 2012

Main Applicant Form:

2. Section D -
No - You mean Tick NO ??? I am struggling big time with the wordings around this. To be clear, I have only had 1 passport (which I still have) that was stamped with Student and Tier 1 Visa which is still available.

Thanks,
R

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

QuickSam wrote:I guess you already got the answer before I could post it :P
Lol. Ta mate. While I appreciate pgaitonde's response, there still remains the below concerns regarding some of those questions. If you're experienced in any of those, please do shed some light.

Main Applicant -

Section B -

B11. Home Office reference number(s) (if known):

Dependent Form - Section H

H1. Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to you?
If the above is YES - What will be - Your Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number - Would this be a first dependent visa reference number (on visa sticker) or last T1 ref number (as on visa sticker)

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Some comments as marked
pgaitonde wrote:

When is ur PEO date - 13th March 2012

Main Applicant Form:

2. Section D -
No - You mean Tick NO ??? I am struggling big time with the wordings around this. To be clear, I have only had 1 passport (which I still have) that was stamped with Student and Tier 1 Visa which is still available.

Thanks,
R

D5 - I mean you should mention it as No

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:20 pm

The answer is 'No' if you have only one passport since original Tier 1/4 and you've not lost your passport.
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 pm

pgaitonde wrote:D5 - I mean you should mention it as No
Thanks Mate

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Sorry but some conflicting answers here

I was on hsmp on 2007 then Tier-1(General) in 2009 and now applying for Tier-1 second extension
D2 - the student visa date as that is ur entry clearance visa So For me it would be my first visa grant date for HSMP?

From ur passport..the red number and alphabetSo For me it would be red numbers on sticker my first visa grant date for HSMP?
Thanks in advance