ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband not present hand written on the passport pf my wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toni999
Newly Registered

Husband not present hand written on the passport pf my wife

Post by toni999 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:07 pm

my wife has EEa family visa valid for 5 years, this week we were both in Italy and she had to go back to London before me. So she left one day in advance and travelled alone. At the immegration she was questioned as usal and she was asked where is your husband. She told the truth as I was still in Italy and due to come back in a few days. The officer wrote next to her stamp on her passport, husband not present.

What is this supposed to mean? are we heading for troubles?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:45 pm

I suppose you mean your wife has a Residence Card as a result of a successful EEA2 application?

I suggest you send a formal complaint to UKBA about this incident. You can do this by email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Provide date, time and flight no, so that the IO who handled your wife's arrival can easily be traced

The passport of Residence Card holders should in general not be stamped on arrival in the UK, and handwritten remarks for irrelevant issues as you describe are certainly unacceptable. To me it seems that this IO is headed for troubles, not you.

toni999
Newly Registered

Post by toni999 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:30 pm

yes my wife has a residence permit, to be honest I am shocked. I will write them to seek explainations

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi guys, I non EEA with my wife EEA national went to Greece for holiday(1 week) as we landed at the airport they put a stamp(visa I guess) on my passport even I explained about my RC and my EEA wife!!!
Any idea guys?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Complain to the UKBA. They did the same to me on two occasions, though I told them not to stamp my passport.
Needless to say, I received an apology from the UKBA, and after my latest journey I did not get stamped.

Don't accept less than perfection from Immigration Officers, they get paid to do a job. Besides if it's you making a mistake, they'll throw the book at you.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm

alekos wrote:
Don't accept less than perfection from Immigration Officers, they get paid to do a job. Besides if it's you making a mistake, they'll throw the book at you.
Only the ones that know how to do the job.

They can't win can they?