ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling out the new SET0 (02-2012) - COP info in Section 5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Filling out the new SET0 (02-2012) - COP info in Section 5

Post by ftmsh » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi All
just looking for comments from anyone who'll be applying for ILR using the newly released SET0 (02-2012).

Section 5 has a 5 new fields at the bottom, and i'm finding the meaning a little bit obscure...

fields as below:
* "SOC code" - ok this is fairly straightfoward
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per Hour" - so... is this how much my company is paying me? or is this the pay-rate for the job title i have chosen from the COP?
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum" - ..... this looks like the same as the above.. is it? do i need to break it down into a per-hour rate for them?...?
* "number of hours this salary is based on" - i work 40 hour weeks. do i put "40" here or the 37.5 as per the COP?
* "number of weekly hours" - .. this looks the same as the above... so...

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:23 pm

1)I would write the pay ( Pounds/ hour) that i am receiving rather than COP code rate.

2)I would write the pay ( Pounds/ year) that i am receiving rather than COP code rate.

Hope some one would reply and confirm my words

Smam

Re: Filling out the new SET0 (02-2012) - COP info in Section

Post by Smam » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 pm

ftmsh wrote:Hi All
just looking for comments from anyone who'll be applying for ILR using the newly released SET0 (02-2012).

Section 5 has a 5 new fields at the bottom, and i'm finding the meaning a little bit obscure...

fields as below:
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per Hour" - so... is this how much my company is paying me? or is this the pay-rate for the job title i have chosen from the COP?
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum" - ..... this looks like the same as the above.. is it? do i need to break it down into a per-hour rate for them?...?
* "number of hours this salary is based on" - i work 40 hour weeks. do i put "40" here or the 37.5 as per the COP?
Hi

I've also come accross Section 5 a little bit confussing.

But instead I would like to answer the questions some thing like this when ever I'll apply for my ILR in the same box for example

COP Pay £7.09/hr / Pay Earned £10.54/hr

COP Pay £22,000/annum / Pay Earned £27000/annum

I am just sharing my thoughts please kindly keep us updated as your useful updates will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

genious

Post by genious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:09 am

well, that seems very confusing.

i have entered my current pay and numbers of hours 37.5 for a week.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 am

Guys , is this section applicable to Tier2 / WP holders applying for ILR or everyone including Tier1 General ?

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 pm

hi Sunil
This section is for tier 2/WP applicants, Codes are not required for tier 1, we have one successful case here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97507 who did not need to complete this section.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks legalalien ...

brakesh

Re: Filling out the new SET0 (02-2012) - COP info in Section

Post by brakesh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 am

ftmsh wrote:Hi All

fields as below:
Hi all please have a look on a case here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97677 who completed this section and here is what has been filled.

* "SOC code" My closest SOC
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per Hour" Left it blank
* "Current Rate of Pay (As Stated in COP) - Per annum" entered my current salary. in the code of practice my SOC have only annual salary mentioned
* "number of hours this salary is based on" it should be 37.5.
* "number of weekly hours" 37.5 as my contract was based on 37.5.

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

many thanks brakesh.

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

hi all thanks for the updates - apologies for not getting back sooner as i didnt receive any of the normal alerts!

i reread the question a bit more carefully and noticed it says "your employer will be able to provide you with these details" - so obviously i need to enter "my" wages and not the wages according to the SOC/COP code i'm applying against.

so..

i'll be entering:
* SOC code - Current Soc Code
* Current Rate of Pay (per hour) - Leave Blank
* Current rate of Pay (per annum) - £xxxx (current gross salary)
* Number of Hours this salary is based on - 40
* Number of weekly hours - 40

i guess they will prorata my current salary down to the equivalent at 37.5 hours, but it's still above my relevant SOC code wage. so all should be ok...

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Ftmsh

Thanks a lot for your really thoughtfull and logical updates on this topic.

Just wanted to know that are you also sure about that are the SOC or COP salaries are Net Amount or Gross Amount.

To the best of my knowledge I believe most of the salary rules work as Gross Amounts in UKBA but still I am not too sure on that as it didn't says very clearly about it.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:40 pm

@smam - i'm pretty sure it's gross - everything else on the form seems to be except for one question where it asks for net... (5.3)

for the record i went to Croydon PEO today and was successful. the lady who was processing my application, i dont think she even looked at the SOC code stuff in Section 5. I was expecting her to get the calculator out and prorata my wage back to 37.5 hours (im contracted to 40hours/week).. I think she saw that i was over the required amount from my employer letter and that was it....