ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel to Scotland when my T2 ext. is in process?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

Can I travel to Scotland when my T2 ext. is in process?

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi All,

Just want to confirm if I can travel to Scotland for couple of days when my ext. is in process. I do not have passport in my hand.
Is there an immigration check while travelling or are there any other risks involved?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Of course, you can. Scotland is still currently part of the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm

You may come across a random check on the immigration status of people at stations or other public places. If you do all you have to do is to give your name, address and date of birth and explain why you don't have proof of your immigration status (passport) with you - the Border Agency officials doing the checks have direct access to the system via mobile phone/computer and can confirm your status immediately.