ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Application Form---confuse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peggy lee
Newly Registered

Tier 2 PBS Application Form---confuse

Post by peggy lee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 am

Hi,
I'm bit confuse with the PBS Dependant version 02/2012 application form. I have to apply for my baby who is only 3 months old and born in UK.

I confuse with the main applicant and dependant. Is main applicant refer to my baby and dependant refer to my husband who hold the work permit visa. I did phone to UKBA for this enquiry and they told me that main applicant is refer to my baby and dependant refer to my husband for most the question in the application form.

But, main applicant refer as my husband and dependant as my baby on Section K & L.

That's why I am CONFUSE and worry that I have completed the incorrect information!! please advise......Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 PBS Application Form---confuse

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 am

peggy lee wrote: Is main applicant refer to my baby and dependant refer to my husband who hold the work permit visa?
No, your husband, the Tier 2 migrant is the main applicant. It's confusing as the form is worded on the assumption that the PBS migrant is applying at the same time as the dependant. This is not the case in your situation as your husband already has his leave.

peggy lee
Newly Registered

Post by peggy lee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks for reply.
That is what I been told from UKBA phone enquiry but on the other way, they said on the Section 2-APPLICANT's DETAILS in the form, that is all detail about my baby.

That is why I am confuse still.

peggy lee
Newly Registered

Post by peggy lee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Another question that I facing at the moment is : - There is a question in the PBS dependent application form which asks -

J3. Is the main applicant making an application as:

An initial (switching) application - go to question K2
An extension of his/her existing leave - go to Section L
A result of a change of employment - go to Section L

Can you please let me know which option should I select as I am just apply the dependant visa for my baby (husband hold Tier 2 General).
Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:50 pm

The question you have cited (from the PBS dependant application form) is actually M3 rather than J3. M3 is a question that is contingent on question M1 which asks if the dependant is applying at the same time as the main applicant otherwise it can be skipped. Everything in your posts so far suggest that you are making this application after the leave of the PBS migrant has already been granted.

There are professional services available for people who cannot understand the process. It might be worth considering getting some help. Furthermore, nless you intend to take the child out of the UK and return, there is really no point in making this application at all.