ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 9 - Age

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bajwagr8

Section 9 - Age

Post by Bajwagr8 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi,

I have a question related to Form (o) for ILR. I enter UK under HSMP in 2007 when I was 26. I got extension as Tier1-General in 2009 and my age was 28.

Can anyone please confirm what should I specify in this form?
Under 28
OR
28-29?

Thanks,
Salman.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Under 28

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I believe you can specify under 28 as your age was 26 at the first grant of leave as HSMP as per UKBA ploicy and law, attributes section:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

33. if the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points will be awarded based on the applicant's age at the date of the application for that first grant of leave. if the applicant has been granted leave since his first grant of leave in a category not listed in this paragraph, points will be awarded based on his age at the date of application for a grant of leave in a category listed in this paragraph where leave has not been granted in any category not listed in this paragraph between that grant of leave and the current application.