ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitng Europe/Schengen on tier 2

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2_applicant

Visitng Europe/Schengen on tier 2

Post by tier2_applicant » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian national who recently secured a Tier 2 (employer sponsored) UK visa (for next 3 years).

I would appreciate it if anyone could answer two queries I have:

1. Is there any other country in Europe that I can visit on just this Tier 2 visa ?

2. If I have to secure a long term business schengen visa (applied by my organisation to visit France & Belgium), what is the correct way to go about this and what is the minimum & maximum period allowed for this visa

Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Visitng Europe/Schengen on tier 2

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:38 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:I am an Indian national who recently secured a Tier 2 (employer sponsored) UK visa (for next 3 years).
tier2_applicant wrote:1. Is there any other country in Europe that I can visit on just this Tier 2 visa ?
No.
tier2_applicant wrote:2. If I have to secure a long term business schengen visa (applied by my organisation to visit France & Belgium), what is the correct way to go about this and what is the minimum & maximum period allowed for this visa
Follow the procedure as explained on either country's (relevant) website.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Belgi[u]a[/u]n Embassy (http://www.vfs-be-uk.com) wrote:...applied for a Visa through the Belgian Visa Application Centre...
AAARRRGGGHHH - sorry for being slightly off topic here, but above quote is the only instance where they correctly use "Belgian".

If the Belgians do not differentiate "Belgium" and "Belgian", why should anyone else care?

In all of the following cases "Belgium" has to be replaced with "Belgian".
Belgi[u]a[/u]n Embassy (http://www.vfs-be-uk.com) wrote:...Belgium Visa Application Centre...

...Applications accepted at the Belgium Visa Application Center will be submitted...

...in order to apply at the Belgium Visa Application Centre...

...in the name of Belgium Visa Application Centre...

...to join a Belgium Citizen...
The "Belgium Citizen" is somehow the funniest instance. :twisted:

Even if my own spelling/grammar isn´t great - this is the only spelling/grammar mistake I cannot leave uncommented, especially if the Belgians themselves are responsible :!:

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 am

ca.funke, take a very deep, clean, alpine breath... The Belgiums :wink: have 'quirky' programmed in their DNA.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:34 am

Plum70 wrote:...take a very deep, clean, alpine breath...
Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out....

AAARRRGGGHHH :wink:

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:40 pm

My tier-2 leave to remain in the UK is on a card and not my passport. Will this not be a problem when applying for a French Schengen Visa ?
I have read that the leave to remain in the UK has to be endorsed on the passport - which is not so in my case.

Please advise.

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:My tier-2 leave to remain in the UK is on a card and not my passport. Will this not be a problem when applying for a French Schengen Visa ?
I have read that the leave to remain in the UK has to be endorsed on the passport - which is not so in my case.
Should be fine. This was the legitimate way the govt. issued work permits a few years back.

Ajay Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ajay Patel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:43 am

Hi,

1. No, sorry the tier 2 UK visa does not gives you the liberty to visit any other European country than UK.

2. if you want to apply for the long term business Schengen visa than along with all the necessary documentation of your passport, you will also have to give a letter issued by your employer for the business visa.
the other terms and conditions for the minimum and maximum time limit will depend on the French Embassy as per the purpose of your visit in the country and your employers recommendation.

Ajay Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ajay Patel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am

Ajay Patel wrote:Hi,

1. No, sorry the tier 2 UK visa does not gives you the liberty to visit any other European country than UK.

2. if you want to apply for the long term business Schengen visa than along with all the necessary documentation of your passport, you will also have to give a letter issued by your employer for the business visa.
the other terms and conditions for the minimum and maximum time limit will depend on the French Embassy as per the purpose of your visit in the country and your employers recommendation.

Ajay Patel
Newly Registered

Post by Ajay Patel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:46 am

[quote="tier2_applicant"]Hi,
Hi,