ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO - Biometric residence permit for dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bajwagr8

PEO - Biometric residence permit for dependants

Post by Bajwagr8 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply for ILR at PEO. I would also include my two dependants in this application. However, I was planning to attend PEO by myself. There are few posts in this forum where people attended PEO without dependants and got succesful.

However, I am not sure what to do with biometric permit for my dependants? The guide only indicates that biometric data will be collected if you attend at PEO otherwise Postal applicants will get letter.

Any idea what would be the case for dependants if they are not visiting PEO along with main applicant?

Thanks,
Salman.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 pm

they will need to attend otherwise their applications will not be considered.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

As Greenie suggested, it’s not a choice any more and you will have to take dependants with you. The biometrics are enrolled the same day for PEO applicants and the cards are sent within 10 days.

If you send your application by post, you will still be asked to make a biometric appointment at one of the PEOs or nominated post office branches to enrol biometrics for yourself and all of your dependants.

Bajwagr8

Post by Bajwagr8 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks Greenie & Linkers.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Is there any age limit i.e. children below 5 do not need to give thumb impression for BRP?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm

nnj10 wrote:Is there any age limit i.e. children below 5 do not need to give thumb impression for BRP?
children below 6 don't need to give fingerprints but they will need to have a digital photograph taken so will also need to attend.