ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is birth certificate/marriage certificate mandatory for xtn?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Is birth certificate/marriage certificate mandatory for xtn?

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Is it mandatory to supply birth certificate and marriage certificate for dependants of main applicant for (in country) FLR or ILR applications?

The children and spouse dependent have got their Entry Clearance visas from British High Commission.

OR

These (marriage or birth certificates) are only required if dependants previously do not have dependent visas, for example for child born in the UK.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

kakamanna
Newly Registered

Post by kakamanna » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 pm

In my very recent PEO experience, case worker didn't ask for the marriage certificate but did ask for child's birth certificate (Child born in the UK). I would say keep them with you for just in case scenario.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, logically birth certificate is mandatory for the child born in the uk (if the child is already not having dependent visa).

But the question here is, if someone spouse/child already holding dependent visa need to submit marriage/birth certificate at the time of extension.

Seniors/moderators please share your views.

nick999
Newly Registered

Post by nick999 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 pm

For extension, it is not necessary as you already having your valid passport, but still in case to remove any confusion, its better to have your birth/marriage certificate.

Cheeers,

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:54 pm

rizwan567 wrote:But the question here is, if someone spouse/child already holding dependent visa need to submit marriage/birth certificate at the time of extension.

Seniors/moderators please share your views.
Hello Rizwan, I am curious if you have found an answer to this query? Is it mandatory to submit marriage certificate again, even if it was given in the initial application. I know of many with PEO experience, where marriage certificate was not even asked. Please can you advise if there was any update on this?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:09 pm

What is the benefit of holding back a document that you know, will help support your dependant's case? Would you prefer a rejected application due to insufficient documentation or do you prefer an extension with extra documentation. Choice is always yours :x

It is clear that you had provided the same for the first application by the dependant and could mention the same in the dependant's sponsor/cover letter but it wouldn't hurt if you send the document again. It won't make the application heavier :roll:

Keeping this document with you would also not mean that this document would give eggs that you would be able to use to make omelettes with. :lol: You can always wait for omelettes I guess :P
Give me more Karma (+)

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 pm

here on the forum, some people say that please follow formula of KISS, while others say attach as many documents as you can. I also like to keep things simple but reading posts every now and then here on the forum, makes me feel like i should attach extra docs.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm

QuickSam wrote:What is the benefit of holding back a document that you know, will help support your dependant's case? Would you prefer a rejected application due to insufficient documentation or do you prefer an extension with extra documentation. Choice is always yours :x

It is clear that you had provided the same for the first application by the dependant and could mention the same in the dependant's sponsor/cover letter but it wouldn't hurt if you send the document again. It won't make the application heavier :roll:

Keeping this document with you would also not mean that this document would give eggs that you would be able to use to make omelettes with. :lol: You can always wait for omelettes I guess :P
fair point! But my problem is that somehow i seem to have misplaced the original document (issued by local municipal council) and now only have attested copies. I would not be able to get a duplicate on time. I called home office today and asked this query. They said if its not mentioned in the documents to provide you dont need to give. Having said that, he also said that its completely upto the applicant as to what documents he provides to support his application.
I have no problem is providing attested copies of the marriage certificate, but I am not sure if they would recognise attestation done in a foreign country (India, Mumbai)
So I hope I have tried to explain my dilemma more clearly now :)

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:38 am

Write a cover letter, explain the situation and include attested copies.

You need to spoon feed the CW, if you are applying via PEO you have the chance to answer the questions but when you are applying by post, you don't have that luxury. That is the reason, people like me tend to say that you should include all possible documents.

There have been cases where CW's have asked the applicant to send the degree certificate etc. so I always advise people to include as much information as possible.
Give me more Karma (+)