ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G- Self Employment. HMRC Registration Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Tier 1 G- Self Employment. HMRC Registration Questions

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi All,

On the HMRC website, " https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/f ... 1&sub-dept "

1)There is one place where it asks this question
"If you are not a UK resident and have come to the UK from abroad within the last 12 months, please tick the checkbox below."

(I came to the UK on the 19 March of 2011, so do I need to check this box, or leave it)

ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. :D
Last edited by scorpio_besal on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

scorpio_besal

Please dont ask the same questions repeatedly. I have already told you on one of your earlier post that Once you get yourself registered as a sole trader with HMRC, only then you get a UTR. You cant just get one without being first registered. Hope its clear now !

About your second question, as you are a UK resident so you should not go in to the 12 months issue. Just consider yourself to be a UK resident.

Your 3rd question is again a repetition. As I told you before, you can either pay your tax during the tax year (month by month) or you can choose to pay at the end of the tax year when you submit your tax return. HO will have no issues with it. However if you are too worried, you can ask your Accountant to include this in the letter that any tax due from self employed earnings will be paid at the end of the tax year. Ho dont do Income and tax audit, but they can make pre and post application checks. So make sure whatever your income is, you pay appropriate tax and NI.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey Shahjee,

Thanks for helping me with above mentioned questions, please accept my apologies for repeating some of the questions as I did not notice that the questions were answered before, I kind of lost your answers to the UTR Q in the earlier post.

Now as you mentioned, I have deleted those 2 questions which were already answered in the previous thread.

Anyhow you have been really helpful, Thank you ever so much.

Its now very clear to me.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Not a problem mate :D

We all need to help each other. This is why these forums exist and thats how we survive, I think. Hope every thing goes fine with you. All the very best :wink: