ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Application Forms for European Economic Area

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John
United Kingdom

New Application Forms for European Economic Area

Post by John » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:00 pm

IND have released a Press Release saying :-
24 October 2005

IND will shortly introduced new application forms for European Economic Area nationals and their family members. Applications will be valid for use from 31 October 2005 and will appear on the website shortly before then.
I have just checked ... the forms EEC1, EEC2 and EEC3 that are available to download are unchanged as I write this. As soon as the new forms become available for download I shall post the relevant links in this topic ... and try to spot the differences from the current versions.
Last edited by John on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

tensailee

Post by tensailee » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:12 pm

The new forms divided the original 2 forms (EEC1, EEC2) into 4 forms (EEA1, EEA2, EEA3 & EEA4).

EEA1 is for an EEA national to apply for a residence permit.

EEA2 is for a non-EEA national family member to apply for a residence document.

EEA3 is for an EEA national to apply for a permanent residence.

EEA4 is for a non-EEA national family member to apply for a permanent residence.

As I wrote this, I still don't know what they are going to do to the original EEC3.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:33 pm

John

monika22
Newly Registered

please help me..

Post by monika22 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:59 pm

I just started work as cabin crew for easyjet. On the 19.11 will have my first flight and I need my passport. Unfortunatelly I had no idea that it takes much time to process eec1 form, and I have sent my passport 7 days ago to Croydon Immigration Office. Now I have 10 days to get my passport back, otherwise I cannot fly, so cannot work....maybe even will lose my job. i am really desperated and don't know what to do. I have called them today but they said that I am not even on teir record yet! Do you think I should go to Croydon office and just beg them to give it back? Easyjet won't let me work without passoprt. please help me......

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed May 03, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi, new updated forms EEA1, 2, 3 and 4 are available now, for applications made on or after 30th of april 2006.
They just reflect the new EEA regulations 2006.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/uksi_20061003_en.pdf

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri May 12, 2006 9:05 pm

Hi,
talking about EEA applications, I just noticed that the Home Office updated the page regarding EEA applications:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... onals.html

The page is much better now, and it explains more about the categories, etc.
In the end of the document they even show "Documentation issued to successful applicants" telling that they are replacing the old stamps, etc. Very good.

I noticed as well that they write telling the processing time for applications.
They call different names, first Registration Certificate, then Residence Card, etc... I checked each of the forms, EEA1, 2, 3 and 4, and I noticed that in the Form EEA1, in the first page it´s written Registration Card, then I checked form EEA2 and it´s written Residence Card, and so on.
So the details in the page shows exactly each type of application and the time it takes to deal with them.

Note that:
Registration Certificate applications April 2006 ***EEA1***
Residence Card applications February 2006 ***EEA2***
Permanent Residence for EEA nationals January 2006 ***EEA3***
Permanent Residence for non-EEA nationals January 2006 ***EEA4***

And as well, if you check form EEA1, now it´s possible to apply in person! However only if the person books an appointment.

They allow only 30 applications per day, and only for EEA1 form, so dependents cannot use this same-day service.
It seems that they are improving a bit the service for EEA applications anyway!

popeye

Post by popeye » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi Guys, I need to find the old EEA 3 Form from November 2005
Form EEA3 (182 Kb) version 10/2005 .
Does anyone still have it?
Just wan to compere the two forms.
I have the one from 04/2006.
I have tryed to find cashied version 10/2005 but no joy.
Thank you for your help, you can upload the old form(version 10/2005) trough this link:
http://www.it-responce.com/upload/upload.asp

thanxxxxxxx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:48 pm

Popeye, copy uploaded as requested.

What are you trying to do? Compare the versions? See what effect the new EEA/EU regulations that came into effect on 30.04.06 have had?
John

popeye

Post by popeye » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:36 pm

Thank You John, I love this place...www.immigrationboards.com, is a gift to all
Thank you Again...Yes that is exactly what I want to look at.

* Nationals of these countries are not eligible to apply for a
Residence Permit on the basis of employment (not including
self-employment) until they have legally worked in the UK
continuously for a period of 12 months. This means that
they must not have been out of work for more than a total of
30 days in a 12 month period. For further information please
refer to the Workers Registration Scheme at the following
website address www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

AND PARA 255b.(Deleted 30/04/06) Clock resets automatically .
Last edited by popeye on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

popeye

Post by popeye » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Does anyone still have the old EDIS on PDF or cashed/saved Document?
Thank You, Again averyone
www.it-responce.com/upload/upload.asp
Last edited by popeye on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:51 pm

Popeye, I have just uploaded a Chapter 1 ... but is that the right version for you?

If it is I probably have the whole set. (But going out now for fireworks, a public display, so don't expect any further response from me today!)
John

popeye

Post by popeye » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:25 pm

Thank You, John…
I want to support this site somehow, send me an address where I can send a cheque.
Thank you, John …Take your time(These are the Materials, exactly I need), as long as you have them and you can upload the pdf files.

I don't know if you have a paypal account, it will be a quicker Way.

Thank You, Again You're A Star , we greatly appreciate what you're doing for this site, …it helps so much.
happy BonFire

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:07 am

Popeye, I have just uploaded a further 16 files. I think that is the lot you seek but if you think anything is missing, do let me know and I shall have a further look.

Donation? This is not my site! I am a mere Moderator here. I am going to send a PM to "Administrator" regards your kind offer.
John

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am

Thank you for the kind words and for your kind offer, popeye.

I'll take it up with our management. Generally speaking, they're always ready to accept money .... ;)

Us folks in the New Media Group (our fancy name for our Web & Internet development techies) would just as much appreciate community participation.

Please stick around ... some things coming up where we might be able to request some assistance.

Again, thanks. Some of us are fighting to keep this service open & available; responses like this make it worth the fight.

The Admin

easypeasy
Newly Registered

Post by easypeasy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 pm

I MUST SAY THAT THIS IS A PRETTY USEFUL SITE. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO MAKE IT WORTHWHILE.

saiz
Newly Registered

Post by saiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:25 am

hi there! i have a valid id card from spain issued by the government,do i need also my passport (it expired already) to enter england? or is it ok just with my id card??
thanks for replying im nervous

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am

Are you a Spanish Citizen? If so it is clear that travel around the EU is totally OK using just an official Government-issued ID card.

However if you are not a Spanish Citizen (or other EU Citizen) then I don't think you can use that ID card, even though it effectively confirms that you are legally in Spain.
John

nsc999
Newly Registered

Post by nsc999 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:06 pm

I HAVE A QUERY.pleaseHELP ME.i am irish citizen working in the UK in a company.my wife is indian and she has come here to join me.but she is rt now on a 10 yrs multiple entry tourist visa.[color=darkred]my query is whether she can apply for residence card(EEA2 form i think) as a non eea family member of EEA [/color] without going back to india.that is will she be able to change her visa tourist visa to residence card here.

limey

Post by limey » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:06 pm

NSC: You also need to apply for a residence permit in the UK using EEA1. Then she can use that as documentation to prove you have a right to live & work in the UK in order to obtain the Family Permit for her at the UK Embassy in India. I don't know if she can do that in the UK or not?

EEA1 is for an EEA national to apply for a residence permit.
EEA2 is for a non-EEA national family member to apply for a residence document.
Last edited by limey on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:18 pm

You also need to apply for a residence permit in the UK using EEA1.
Actually, no, that is no longer compulsory, since the new regulations came into force on 30.04.06 It is now a voluntary procedure.

However I do agree that it will help in ensuring that the wife makes a successful application on form EEA2, so yes NSC, I think you should apply on form EEA1.
John

carokian
Newly Registered

South African in Civil Partnership with an EU national

Post by carokian » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Hey there everyone
I am unable to obtain this info anywhere. My bf (Portuguese) and I hav entered into a CP last year and I have recd rights to reside in the UK as a family member of an EU resident. I was wondering if I may freely travel around Europe without a visa and the USA as well?
I have a South African pasport but my EU residenc card in my passport.

Thanks for your help

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:32 am

No, the UK visa that you have obtained makes no difference at all as to whether you need to obtain a visa for anywhere else ..... with one exception :-

Subject to you checking the small print, you may well find that you do not need a visa to enter Switzerland.
John

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi carokian

You can travel to the following countries in Europe on a South African passport without a visa...

Gibraltar
Ireland
Liechtenstein
Slovakia
Switzerland

IF you don't fancy any of these countries you can always apply for a visa free of charge based on your CP to an EU resident

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 am

Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Hiwa
Newly Registered

Post by Hiwa » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi all,

I am a non-EU national and family member of an EEA national I have UK residency Card valid for 5 years under EU law.

Does anyone know the application name so that I can send my passport and transfer the residency card onto it?
Or is it possible to travel without transferring the residency card on to the passport?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Hiwa