ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) English Language Test Examption

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wayblock

FLR(M) English Language Test Examption

Post by wayblock » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Guys, i'm about to apply for FLR(M) visa, In FLR(M) in section 5 they haven't mentioned anywhere if you've Masters Degree you are exempted from English Language Test.

I've Masters Degree from one of Uk university. I heard if someone have masters degree he's exempted from the english test. But i can't see anywhere in the FLR(M) form if they've said anything about Master's Degree.

Please anyone can help me regarding to this. Many Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:34 pm

That's because Master Degree was added later as a concession. Originally it wasn't included with Batchelor's degree.

adamboston

Re: FLR(M) English Language Test Examption

Post by adamboston » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 pm

wayblock wrote:I've Masters Degree from one of Uk university. I heard if someone have masters degree he's exempted from the english test. But i can't see anywhere in the FLR(M) form if they've said anything about Master's Degree.
You may want to check this UKBApage and click on new English language requirement for partners (PDF 86KB opens in a new window).
You mention Bachelors degrees but will you accept Master’s Degrees and PhDs?

As a concession the UK Border Agency will also accept the following qualifications as meeting the English language requirement for spouses and partners:-
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in the UK
•
Any masters degree or PhD obtained in one of the specified majority speaking countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK and the USA
or
•
Any Master’s degree or PhD, not obtained in the UK or specified majority English speaking country above, which UK NARIC have assessed and verified as being taught or research in English and confirmation from UK NARIC has been submitted with the application
The Immigration Rules will be amended at the next available opportunity to bring this concession within the Immigration Rules. Until then applicants who submit evidence of acceptable Masters or PhDs will be treated as having met the English language requirement pending the Rules change. In such cases any leave granted will be under the Immigration Rules.
We can only accept Master’s degrees or PhDs recognised by UK NARIC.
If your Masters degree or PhD is recognised by UK NARIC please submit evidence of your qualification as indicated above.
If you cannot find your Masters degree or PhD on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it to meet the English requirement. In these circumstances you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website below. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications. http://www.naric.org.uk/
You can then supply this statement of compatibility from UK NARIC with your application. However if UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification you will not be able to use it to meet the new English language requirement.

I have a degree which meets your requirements. Do I need to take a test as well?

No. You do not need to take a test as well.
Hope this is useful.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for your reply I relief now I was bit worried. Many Thanks

ssgs
Newly Registered

Urgent

Post by ssgs » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if using Masters Degree taught in US/UK is still accepted as proof of English Language Requirement ?

I have my FLR appointment tomorrow, and I have a bachelor's degree taught in India and an MS from USA. Can these be submitted ?

The FLR guidance form states that Masters degrees are not accepted and for Bachelor's Degree, I would need a confirmation letter from NARIC. But the above post contradicts this. However, the above post may be outdated as it is from last year and the Guidance form is the latest version.

Can anyone advise please ?

Cheers

bobobo

Re: Urgent

Post by bobobo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm

A degree from majority english speaking nation should be accepted, ig HO accepts MSC degree from UK universities, they will accept them from US universities as well.

ssgs wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if using Masters Degree taught in US/UK is still accepted as proof of English Language Requirement ?

I have my FLR appointment tomorrow, and I have a bachelor's degree taught in India and an MS from USA. Can these be submitted ?

The FLR guidance form states that Masters degrees are not accepted and for Bachelor's Degree, I would need a confirmation letter from NARIC. But the above post contradicts this. However, the above post may be outdated as it is from last year and the Guidance form is the latest version.

Can anyone advise please ?

Cheers