ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of address during Passport processing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravi_b
Newly Registered

change of address during Passport processing

Post by ravi_b » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

I applied UK passports for family and got kids passports by post 10 days back. had mine&wife passport interviews yesterday. but we have moved to a new address last week I still have access to the old address for collecting post for another week.
which is a better option - ask passport office to deliver passports at new address ? OR collect the passports in person after they drop card.
Also collection is not at post office I guess .?
Thanks.

Smallfamily

Re: change of address during Passport processing

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes u are right you cant collect them from post office.

Best option is to call them and request them to update ur address... i don't think they get delievered by courier service where they left a drop card because mine were delievered by some sort of special ppl who took my house front view photo first and then they knocked my door to handin the passports.
Last edited by Smallfamily on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ravi_b
Newly Registered

Re: change of address during Passport processing

Post by ravi_b » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Smallfamily wrote:Yes u are right you cant collect them from post office.

Best option is to call them and request them to update ur address... i don't think they get delievered by courier service where they left a drop card because when mine were delievered by some sort of special ppl who took my house front view photo first and then they knocked my door to handin the passports.
Many Thanks for the reply.