ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to go India to apply for dependent visa for my son

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jitkha
Newly Registered

Do I need to go India to apply for dependent visa for my son

Post by jitkha » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello,

My sister has just got settled in the UK and got an FLR(M) visa recently - dependent of a UK citizen.

Now, situation is that, her son is in India and she wants to bring him as her dependent.

1. Does she need to go personally to apply for his visa and bring him here.

2. I assume that she also need to sub-mit a NO Objection certificate from her Ex-husband where he woud quote that he has not objection if she gets the child here. Since the legal custody of the son is with her:)

Please answer these question - if possible.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:49 pm

hi,

I have just been reading through this post, as my husand has sole responsiblilty for his child from his previous marriage,

He has all the paperwork from the courts saying he has sole responsibility.
His ex-wife does not have a say in their day to day life.
The question i have is, does my husband still need to gain written permission from his ex to take the child out of the country. As the child is still her child. Can a parent just take a child out of the country,

I have read the link, but still am a little unsure.

many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 am

If he has sole responsibility, then why would he need ex's permission? Needing/obtaining ex's permission would imply that he does not have sole responsibility!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.