ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ikonkar
India

Re: any update???????//

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:Hi Mate,

Further to your previous message, you applied EEA2 on the basis of un-married partners with 4 months old baby, so you must have provided them with the evidence of you two cohabiting for 2 years or more?

GOD BLESS
IKONKAR
hi mate, i did sumbite evidence that our relation is durable but we been together for 1 year and 4 month only but my lawyer said its ok as long as we got a child together so this will be prove that the relation is durable as eu law dosent need to be 2 years as long as the relation is durable
You should be OK, my guess is as good as yours as to how long you'll need to wait??!! Your passport is in there possession so it's just a matter of case worker making the decision which I think will be in your favour as your baby is involved, and the EU law overides the UK law (i.e. cohabiting for 2 years). So in short keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best result. I would rather wait until 6 months are finished before chasing them given the complexity of your case. I understand you're not the only one with these kind of unique cases but unfortunately, home office tends to drag these as far as they can till they are on the verge of issuing a status document.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar
thanks mate for your advise hope soon i can go back to work as i lost my job cause of this mess
I wish you all the best and hope it all work out for you.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Hello Everyone:

My husband received his RC today!
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:17 pm

You lucky g!ts :D :D

I applied about a month after you so I guess I have a month to go :S

pilot
Newly Registered

Post by pilot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello everyone
my experience, sorry dont know exact date(s)
applied for rc arround 3.12.
rc recieved arround 20.02.

my husband called several time to request passport back, maybe thats the reason I recieved rc only after two and a half months.

Thanks guys for great help, it was precious during this application time (from family permit to rc)

and good luck

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:35 am

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Hello Everyone:

hi great news, congrats, i was guessing right with ur application, ur application was 15days ahead then mine, i was following ur status, now i can start expecting my RC, if u don't mind , i have a small query, about ur case.can u give short description about ur application details...such as past immigration history....what i came to know with this forum is, if anyone got some bad immigration history, their application is getting delayed....is it true or not just want to verify..........once again a very happy congrats

aliglig
Newly Registered

Post by aliglig » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

Gubi2004 wrote:hi guys any good news or updateeeeeeeeeeeeee????????????// november applications anybodyyyyyyyyyyy got rd card?????????/ my timeline so far 2/11/2011 coa 12/12/2011 rd card waiting???????????????????????????/
I applied on 17Nov, and I got my passport and rd (not card, just a piece of paper on my passport) on 21 Feb, I am sure yours will be back soon :)

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 pm

aliglig wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:hi guys any good news or updateeeeeeeeeeeeee????????????// november applications anybodyyyyyyyyyyy got rd card?????????/ my timeline so far 2/11/2011 coa 12/12/2011 rd card waiting???????????????????????????/
I applied on 17Nov, and I got my passport and rd (not card, just a piece of paper on my passport) on 21 Feb, I am sure yours will be back soon :)
hi evrybody today is good friday i got COA and right to work in united kingdom and waiting for my RC
Zkhan

Gubi2004

hi everbody

Post by Gubi2004 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm

i applied 4 month and nothing yet so far
Last edited by Gubi2004 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikonkar
India

Re: hi everbody

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Gubi,

Big words there from you mate, calm down and hold you horses my friend, patience is virtue... I totally understand your feelings, but it's in the interest of other people that you shouldn't use such a language...

Also I would add to this, HO only takes longer if the case is not straight forward, the amount of awkward cases they receive everyday does accounts to a back log.... and unfotunately it does take time.. Guess you just need to sit tight and pray for the best result.

I hope you understand.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar
Last edited by Ikonkar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gubi2004

Post by Gubi2004 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:i applied 4 month ago and still nothing so far

Gubi,

Big words there from you mate, calm down and hold you horses my friend, patience is virtue... I totally understand your feelings, but it's in the interest of other people that you shouldn't use such a language...

Also I would add to this, HO only takes longer if the case is not straight forward, the amount of awkward cases they receive everyday does accounts to a back log.... and unfotunately it does take time.. Guess you just need to sit tight and pray for the best result.

I hope you understand.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Gubi2004

Post by Gubi2004 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:i applied 4 month ago and still nothing so far

Gubi,

I hope you understand.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar
i do apologize to all people on the fourm but i try to edit whati sent 1 minute later but yoour resonse was so fast, i shouldnt say that anyway. everybody forgive me for what iv said

Gubi2004

Post by Gubi2004 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:i applied 4 month ago and still no?
Gubi,

I hope you understand.

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Gubi2004

good morning

Post by Gubi2004 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:32 am

hi all my friends on the forum, i would like once again to say sorry about my last post which was unacceptable and rude so hope all of you if you forgive me for that, i am a shame of myself to post such thing but hopefully you would understand what i was going through , my timeline so far eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa&eea1 approved 12/12/2011 rd card still waiting?????????????

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 am

athik wrote:
LAROCCAMOM wrote:Hello Everyone:

hi great news, congrats, i was guessing right with ur application, ur application was 15days ahead then mine, i was following ur status, now i can start expecting my RC, if u don't mind , i have a small query, about ur case.can u give short description about ur application details...such as past immigration history....what i came to know with this forum is, if anyone got some bad immigration history, their application is getting delayed....is it true or not just want to verify..........once again a very happy congrats
Hello Athik:

Our case if very simple, I am Italian, he is Venezuelan and we moved to the UK in July 2011. That's it really. I wish you the best of luck!
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

Gubi2004

hi mates

Post by Gubi2004 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 pm

did anyone on here sent the home office letter to ask about the statues or progress of the eea2 application and got response from them??

jrge

Re: hi mates

Post by jrge » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:did anyone on here sent the home office letter to ask about the statues or progress of the eea2 application and got response from them??
Not a letter, but an email instead. They replied the next day saying my application was still outstanding.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Re: hi mates

Post by jheibaby » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:did anyone on here sent the home office letter to ask about the statues or progress of the eea2 application and got response from them??
I'm sorry mate, but we're all on the same boat here and I'm sure there's even more people waiting longer than you are. So stop whining. Hang in there... you're attitude is not helping anybody here, specially not yourself.

NervousNelly
Newly Registered

application timeline

Post by NervousNelly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

hey all,

i sent an eea2 application on January 11th and I received a rejection notice with my documents returned on Jan 31st. They rejected it because my husband is self-employed and his clients are German speakers. He has invoices that describe the projects in German. As a result, the UKBA rejected my application because they believed that since his invoices featured the German language, that means that he is not a resident of the UK!

I then resent the application on February 2nd with a note explaining that his clients speak German, and therefore the project description was in German. I received a COA on February 27th and a Resident Card with my documents on March 2nd. Thus from beginning to end, including resubmission, two months.

Why did I get my RC processed quickly? Because I called my MP and asked them to call the UKBA to expedite my application. Guess what, it worked.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

not yet

Post by Samelamin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I sent the email to Liverpool.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

but got a failed sent email, then sent it to
LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

but still not got a reply :(, i shall send an email tomorrow and see what happens

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

Still did not receive an email so called them and they said the received my email and my request for my passport returned is "being processed"

I did say that if they cant do it by the end April that I get my passport back because I will need to apply for my Visa

Gubi2004

dear mates

Post by Gubi2004 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

dear friends, i need advise if you can help please i would apprciate, i applied for eea2 on the 2/11/2011 recived coa 12/12/2011 waiting for rd card, the problem that my passport expire on the 5/2/2012 so now the home office will still grant me rd card or they can refuse because my passport run out of date during the considration time? thanks for all reply in advance

nonabidut
Newly Registered

EEA2 timeline.

Post by nonabidut » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am bearing a good news for myself and hopefully for other December applicants as well!!! After what it feels like forever, long and gruesome worry, I finally received my RC yesterday. I want to thank everybody who have been so kind and helpful in giving me the information and encouragement that I needed. Here is my timeline:

7th Dec 2011 - EEA1 and EEA2 application received by the UKBA
11th Feb 2012 - Received Partner's registration certificate dated on 8th Feb
25th Feb 2012 - Received COA with the right to work (after series of emails, phone call, and letter to request for COA)
5th Mar 2012 - Finally RC dated on the 2nd Mar!!!!

I did not expect to receive it so soon considering how long it took for them to issue my COA. Although I was informed that my COA was sent on the 2nd Feb, it never arrived. I then had to send a letter requesting for another COA as I was told that UKBA is no longer accommodating request by neither email, fax, or phone calls (it was around the 20th Feb). Funny thing is, when I finally received the COA, it was dated the 8th Feb, which is same with my partner's registration certificate. It makes me wonder if they just forgot to send my COA in the first place, and if it was never sent out on the 2nd Feb.

Nevertheless....

I am filled with joy wish everyone the same. Thank you everyone for reading. Hopefully this will be somewhat useful for those who are in waiting. It is certainly a great early birthday present for me. 8)

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Re: EEA2 timeline.

Post by Samelamin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

nonabidut wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, I am bearing a good news for myself and hopefully for other December applicants as well!!! After what it feels like forever, long and gruesome worry, I finally received my RC yesterday. I want to thank everybody who have been so kind and helpful in giving me the information and encouragement that I needed. Here is my timeline:

7th Dec 2011 - EEA1 and EEA2 application received by the UKBA
11th Feb 2012 - Received Partner's registration certificate dated on 8th Feb
25th Feb 2012 - Received COA with the right to work (after series of emails, phone call, and letter to request for COA)
5th Mar 2012 - Finally RC dated on the 2nd Mar!!!!

I did not expect to receive it so soon considering how long it took for them to issue my COA. Although I was informed that my COA was sent on the 2nd Feb, it never arrived. I then had to send a letter requesting for another COA as I was told that UKBA is no longer accommodating request by neither email, fax, or phone calls (it was around the 20th Feb). Funny thing is, when I finally received the COA, it was dated the 8th Feb, which is same with my partner's registration certificate. It makes me wonder if they just forgot to send my COA in the first place, and if it was never sent out on the 2nd Feb.

Nevertheless....

I am filled with joy wish everyone the same. Thank you everyone for reading. Hopefully this will be somewhat useful for those who are in waiting. It is certainly a great early birthday present for me. 8)
Let me be the first to congratulate you

I applied on the 20th so mine must be a week or 2 away :)

did you apply via a marriage cert? and is your partner working

congrats again and thanks again for sharing, your giving people hope!

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Congratulations!!!

Im still waiting for my husband RC... applied 4.5 months ago... :-/

But our case was little bit more complicated, also in Jan they requested more evidences etc.....
Im looking everyday at postman with hope in my eyes ;-) haha hope soon he will give me envelope which we waiting for from soooo long....

Good Luck to everyone....

Malwina xx

nonabidut
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 timeline.

Post by nonabidut » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Let me be the first to congratulate you

I applied on the 20th so mine must be a week or 2 away :)

did you apply via a marriage cert? and is your partner working

congrats again and thanks again for sharing, your giving people hope![/quote]

Thanks! Actually I applied on the basis of durable relationship. At that time, we have lived together for one and half year, plus six months of long distance relationship, which I prove through emails, skype conversations, and phone messages. Although I did not have all the documents that prove consecutive co-habitation for the one and half year (only one year of tenancy agreement), I included other "emotional" documents such as hotels and flight reservations, cards from friends, family, etc..
Perhaps, another point to consider is that I am already granted with Family Permit in my home country (Indonesia), so I think the durable relationship criteria has somehow played in my favour.
I know that there are some people who said these additional documents are not really relevant, but I think they are, so long as they are presented clearly and with purpose. My documents were organized in 50 folders file, and it looked like an encyclopaedia. When I entered the UK, the immigration officer told me that my documents were one of the most complete he has ever seen and he used to work on EEA2 applications, and many people don't even have half of the information.
I guess, the point is just to prove your relationship is legit (was my biggest concern), and of course taking into account that your wife/husband is exercising her treaty rights, then everything should be fine. I also think that if you email and push them, they will expedite the process. When I was on the phone with them, they were able to tell me all the requests/activities that I made through emails, so obviously they make a note of them. With phone call I am not so sure... Good luck to you. I know how it feels.