ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shared Accomodation proof

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

Shared Accomodation proof

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi,

Has any one got ilr dependant visa with a shared accomodation (i know a fw have gone through tier 1 dependant visa with a shared accomodation - that includes myself as well) but wondering if its ok for ilr dependant ?

I have a 3 month baby as well. I live in a 5 bedroom flat with the last bedroom king size - almost like a studio flat. is this accepted for homeoffice ? (will this be consuidered as overcrowding - myself and my wife and baby in the kingsize bedroom - size of studio flat) the rest 4 bedrooms are shared by 3 people ( so total 5 rooms and 4 ppl at present but including my wife it will be 5 ppl) - is this olk ? i can get no objection ltter from landlord and other hosuemates

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm

You and your wife and 3 month old child sharing 1 bedroom will not be a problem at all and will not be classified as overcrowding

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 pm

thanks for this. just one more. should my name be included in the contract (At prsent, it isnt but can speak to landlord and see). i basically pay the rent to my friend whose name is on contract and on the bills also.

if i can show shared accmodation (without my name n contract) what proof do i need to show? i have my bank statements, credit card bills in this address

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:38 am

krssubbu wrote:thanks for this. just one more. should my name be included in the contract (At prsent, it isnt but can speak to landlord and see). i basically pay the rent to my friend whose name is on contract and on the bills also.

if i can show shared accommodation (without my name n contract) what proof do i need to show? i have my bank statements, credit card bills in this address
If you are living in a rented property irrespective of whether you occupy it solely or share it with others and pay rent to a landlord, you should have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.

This is the document you will need to send with application. There must be a minimum a 6 months agreement left on tenancy.

Shared property, where you have nothing in writing may not be enough to convince the ECO that accommodation will be available when your partner arrives in UK, whereas it is if you a ASHT, because this give you right and protections from being evicted out of the property.

The only time shared accommodation is allowed if you are living with your parents in the same house and you are not paying them rent( but maybe paying them some of the household costs)

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:38 am

batleykhan wrote:
The only time shared accommodation is allowed if you are living with your parents in the same house and you are not paying them rent ( but maybe paying them some of the household costs)
Batleykhan,

regarding your quote above, does this mean accomadations such as living with siblings i.e my brother who owns his house is not acceptable?? regardless if im renting a room of him?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 am

AcrossBorders wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
The only time shared accommodation is allowed if you are living with your parents in the same house and you are not paying them rent ( but maybe paying them some of the household costs)
Batleykhan,

regarding your quote above, does this mean accomadations such as living with siblings i.e my brother who owns his house is not acceptable?? regardless if im renting a room of him?
Sharing with one siblings/parents ( even though you are paying some costs towards expenses)is not the same as renting of a landlord. If you rent from a landlord you should have a tenancy agreement.

Sharing with close family members such as sibling/parents is acceptable for immigration purposes. You will though need a letter from them to say that it is ok for you to stay with them