ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess at Solihull PEO on 05/03/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_UK_
Newly Registered

ILR Sucess at Solihull PEO on 05/03/2012

Post by ILR_UK_ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 am

I would like to share my experience at Solihull for my ILR visa

Regarding my Case,

I applied on the basis of HSMP(2 years) + Tier1(3 Years)

Got Initial Visa on 30/March/2007(up to 30/March/2009)
First Arrival in UK on 27/May/2007
Got extension(HSMP to Tier1) upto 30/March/2012
Appied for ILR on 05/Mar/2012

I am a Director of a Limited company.But I decided to apply as a Employee of a my own limited company.

I am based in Sheffield. Sheffield PEO is 5 min walking distance from my place.I tried to book Appointment 42 days earlier .But sadly no appointments available at Sheffield PEO. Then I booked appointment at Solihull PEO. Later realised that Solihull PEO is the one of the Best PEO except one rude Lady ( Middle aged Lady - Name start with 'S').

After waiting for 30 min , They called my Number. Surpisingly My case worker is that Rude Lady

She asked me my passport First. I given it to her. She checked my Visa details on computer. Then She asked my Application & Earnings Proofs...

I handed over to her. She looked at my proofs

1) 12 months Pay-slips
2) Dividend Vouchers
3) Letter from Employer stating that I am an Employee and my earning details.
4) Bank statement
5) 4 P60's

She gone through those Letters and asked me " Is this Your own Limited company ?"

I said: Yes
She: Do you have Accountant Letter?
I Said: I applied as an Employee . Not as a Self-Employed
She: Still I need Accountant Letter( Rudly)
I said : I submitted documents from other sources. Could you pls check

She gone through my P60's & Pay slips & Dividend Vouchers

I said: I provided you 2 Source of Documents which are from Employer and Bank statements

Discussion heated....

She: You signed the vouchers & Employer Letters for your self.So I need another Source. What abt Accountant Letter..( She again Asked)

Then I Laughed and given her my Accountant Letter which I brought with me.( I really want to know why She asked for that....That's why argued bit...even though she is Rude)

I have taken along with me ( They are Still in my bag)

1) Accountant Letter
2) Business Bank account Statement
3) Invoices
4) Company registration Docs
5) VAT registration Document

She looked at me strangely, why argued with her after bringing the Accountant Letter. I given Accountant Letter to her..

She: Looked at Accountant Letter.

She then Looked my application. She saw my Absenses . I am waiting to give her Proofs for my Absesnses.

I have Total 209 days of absenses.

159 - Annual Paid vacation
50 DAys - Business Trip

To my Surprise,She didnt ask me any thing abt Absenses...not even a single Question.

She: I am happy to grant you ILR. Pls go through Payment Counter & pay Fee.
I: Thanks.

Still I have Docs in my BAG:

1) Letter from Employer stating that I was sent to India for Business trip for 50 Days( Stating WHY ,WHEN ,IMPACT of their busines)
2) Pay-slips during that Period.

I taught of giving her set of Xerox copied which I have taken along with me. Then I immediately realised "If I give them those Xerox set now..then she will dig into my absesnses." I decided not to give Xerox.

I went to Payment counter & paid the Fees.
1) First card declined(dont know reason)
2) Given another card.Suceeeded . I asked her do we need to change the payment details page(application) with new card details. She said..not required.

Then They asked me to go to Biometric Counter.

There one Indian Lady(Looks like) at the Biometric counter.
I given my biometric details to her and asked her friendly ...Daily How many people are coming to PEO for visas.
She: 35 to 50 (Approx)
I : was it busy day
She: Yes
I : Oh..ok... What is your PEO sucesss/Failure ratio
She: I only look Biometric details. no Visas...She said Sucess rate is high when compared to other PEO's (Still depends on Proof of Docs)
She: Asked me to roam arround for 1 hour and come back. My documents will be ready .
I then thanked her and roamed shopping centre near to Solihull PEO. After 1 hour I came back and collected my original documents.

======================================
Case worker only checked my earnings section.
No absenses.
I signed my dividend vouchers. That's why Case worker asked for Accountant Letter( That's what she told)
======================================

What I observed in Solihull PEO

1-5 Counters = Case workers
6 Counter = Payment Counter
7-8 counter = Reception
9-10 counters = Biometric counters

Thats It.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 am

Congratulations ILR_UK_ ....

Well handled ... still very confused about the different ways they handle the absences ... strange ...

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 am

Congratulations ILR_UK_ and thanks a lot for sharing your success story.

Where did you park your car (if you drove) ?

ILR_UK_
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_UK_ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:37 am

There is a Very Big John Lewis car Parking next to Solihull PEO. I think some one posted Postcode for that on this Forum. search for it.

I went by train from Sheffield.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 am

Gratz ILR_UK_

Thanks for sharing your success story too :D

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks ILR_UK_ :)

Raj422

Post by Raj422 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Congrats....Does it mean that they first assess your application and then ask you to make payment?

genious

Post by genious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

congratulations.

i am going tomorrow and will share my story.

rajan1984

Absence proof

Post by rajan1984 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:28 pm

COngrates ...

Could you kindly let me know if you have shown only the salary to meet the earning points or Salary + Dividend?

secondly, the 50 days business trip to India, Are you showing when you are on your limited company? If yes, could you please share the list of documents that you prepared for the business absence?

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi

Heartiest Congratulations to you on your big success.

I must say to you that you were lucky and that was your day other wise arguing with the CW is= commiting suicide as a well wisher I would never ever recommend any one to do this. I wouldn't praise the way you handled it at all mate cause in my eyes its a very poor way of handling it anyways always remember that not every day is your day. They can stop your application no matter how many documents you give to them.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 am

Smam wrote:Hi

I must say to you that you were lucky and that was your day other wise arguing with the CW is= commiting suicide as a well wisher I would never ever recommend any one to do this. I wouldn't praise the way you handled it at all mate cause in my eyes its a very poor way of handling it anyways always remember that not every day is your day. They can stop your application no matter how many documents you give to them.
HE was Genuine
He was confident
thats y he did although no budy dare to do. He knows that he will get ILR weather that rude lady will do any thing.
atleast there is some 1 who can argue these kind of people..... especially WOMEN.....
I'm sure she is a dearly beloved cause usually asian people go for PEO.

so ILR you didnt give/show her absence sheet ????

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:05 am

fahadz1 wrote:

HE was Genuine
He was confident
thats y he did although no budy dare to do. He knows that he will get ILR weather that rude lady will do any thing.
atleast there is some 1 who can argue these kind of people..... especially WOMEN.....

Hi

First of all there's no question of genuinality. I strongly believe that if you are going to apply for an ILR you are definitely a genuine person other wise you dont stand a chance in UK.

There's a huge difference between confident and over confident.

To the best of my knowledge there's no question of beloved in any application so that's out of question that only Asian people go for PEO to the best of my knowledge not many Asian people like to go for the PEO appointments one of the main reason is the soring PEO fees and because mainly due to the fact that for one or for another reason they are not very confident in facing the CW.

You can't denny the power of that CW she has got the full authority to stop your case and you cant really challenge her on that, she can object on any document. Well again I'll stand on my point that I'll never ever act over confident no matter how much confident I am.

That guy was simply lucky in my eyes that's all how I can summarize this experience.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Smam wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:

HE was Genuine
He was confident

Hi

First of all there's no question of genuinality. I strongly believe that if you are going to apply for an ILR you are definitely a genuine person other wise you dont stand a chance in UK.

There's a huge difference between confident and over confident.

To the best of my knowledge there's no question of beloved in any application so that's out of question that only Asian people go for PEO to the best of my knowledge not many Asian people like to go for the PEO appointments one of the main reason is the soring PEO fees and because mainly due to the fact that for one or for another reason they are not very confident in facing the CW.

You can't denny the power of that CW she has got the full authority to stop your case and you cant really challenge her on that, she can object on any document. Well again I'll stand on my point that I'll never ever act over confident no matter how much confident I am.

That guy was simply lucky in my eyes that's all how I can summarize this experience.
Hi Smam,

you are right in some how but let me tell you that i have met 1000 of soilicitors i accept CW have all the power but if she refuse and you do appeal in court and judge give decision in your favour then CW have bad impression.

why is she rude ?? with every one ? why no budy complained yet.

I'm 100% sure the guy who argue her was confident and he dont care if that CW told him that she is not taking his case for what ever reason. I mean he wanted to break his EGO and he did it like CW didnt argue on his absences.

The reason I'm saying all this because we are human beings and we left our country/culture/parents/friends etc and come here to WORK and pay TAX and pay contibution to sociecty.

In this hard economic climate we are sturuggling to acheive our goals/salary to claim points for ILR etc.

This is our hard earn income and some of us will be paying interest on that if they can't repay. for this reason i want people who applying for PEO should be treated like Human Beings and CW should have manners how to talk to customer.

UKBA is just making money. COUPLE OF YEARS Before SIA license , Taxi licence , Student HO extensions all were free. They know that Immigrants comming in huge quantity lets make money.

If CW is british she/he should know this that this was free before and now immigrants are paying so she/he should honor this.

Recently solicitor told me HO refuse application not on strong grounds and most of the time appeal wins. so judge also say the HO waist our time and now they intorduce court fees which is 140 pounds. before that it was free.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 pm

fahadz1

Court fee of 140 ??? is that paid by the applicant to appeal or the HO ???

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:fahadz1

YES - its fee of court. You are using court time and place

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:05 pm

In anyways, I would say, why should one cultivate rude behavior, when things can happen over a easy situation ...

Even if the person in front of your behaves rude, doesnt mean you act like him/her .... then whats the difference between you and him/her ???

Well though its an individual choice, but I would recon keep your calm, be nice and co-operate with the CW to help them assess your case to their best and come out with flying smiles :) :D

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:05 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
sunil.suneel wrote:fahadz1

YES - its fee of court. You are using court time and place

And who needs to pay this ???

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:In anyways, I would say, why should one cultivate rude behavior, when things can happen over a easy situation ...

Even if the person in front of your behaves rude, doesnt mean you act like him/her .... then whats the difference between you and him/her ???

Well though its an individual choice, but I would recon keep your calm, be nice and co-operate with the CW to help them assess your case to their best and come out with flying smiles :) :D
Agree sunil but my concern is

SHE Shoundn't be rude
She Can't rude

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
sunil.suneel wrote:In anyways, I would say, why should one cultivate rude behavior, when things can happen over a easy situation ...

Agree sunil but my concern is

SHE Shoundn't be rude
She Can't rude
Ofcourse they should be professional and have no right to be rude ... no ones doing a favor here. But this is what they should understand that they get their salaries paid because of the huge fees and taxes we pay...

If they dont then they are deemed uncivilized and If we are unhappy about the way they conduct their affairs, then there is a formal complaint procedure to follow. Rather than risking out application or us getting worked up, which wont help us anyways ...

ILR_UK_
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_UK_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Raj422 wrote:Congrats....Does it mean that they first assess your application and then ask you to make payment?
As per my understanding from this Forum:
Other PEO's first ask you to pay fee then they will asses your application
Solihull PEO only first asses your application.Then ask you to pay Fee ( This is confirmed because I paid Fee after my approval only)

babysofea

Post by babysofea » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Congrats ILR-UK ....

I do agree that peo Solihull is the best ... and they assess first before paying. Share my story here and I have receive my ILR BRP too... in 5 days :)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

ILR_UK_
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_UK_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Here one thing I would like to mention.

In this Forum,We have good Moderators. They are suggesting all complicated cases & questions.

I agree that every one read carefully all these rules before applying their Application & act accordingly. We prepare all set of documents our selfs and request some docs from Company/Accountant ....etc.

I personally noticed lack of some points in the Absense Letter/Earnings Letter which causes case worker to Refuse the Application. ( Clearly case workers asked why your company only choosen you to send 'Onsite')
(Many rejections due to not specifiying the points like WHY,WHEN,Impact of business)

I got a Very Good Absesnses covering Letter from this Forum( Forgot the original Post. Credit should go to him only) ...That is perfect Letter . May be you can add more points to that. I am sure it covers all important points like (WHEN /WHY /REASON )
If Always better address it to UKBA ..

===============================================================================

The UK Border Agency
SET (O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain

Date: 18/02/2012
Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain SET (O)

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that Mr. ********** (D.O.B - ******) was employed by ******Ltd in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He was employed from ******* to **** as a Senior ********.

Mr [Name] has a Master degree in ******* gained in India and he had very good knowledge & experience on the Indian marketplace which made him the most suitable employee to send to India on business assignments for the following main reasons:

• Knowledge transfer to Indian employees
. Implement Projects at our client Place.
• Attract Indian talent to work for us in our Indian Office

Mr ****** Business visits are as follows:

• Business Trip: ******** to *********

When he was on above mentioned business trips he was in the UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account[A/C Number].

This letter is issued to Mr ********** upon his request to support his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa.

If you need further information on this please do not hesitate to contact me on the below contact.

Yours faithfully,

Manager (HR & Finance)

Telephone:
Mobile :
Email ID :

====================================================================================

And also make sure to have some utility Bills during that time (Secondary Evidence)

This is the Perfect Letter I have ever seen for Supporting Absesnse Letter. ( You can add more points if you wish )

After having discussions in this Forum only , One nice person prepared this document & posted this.

Regarding the Arguing with case worker,

We all know the rules like case workers .. Some times they also confuse. I applied as an Employee . If you are an Employee how you will produce Accountant Letter. .... ? No one will go to PEO to get to be Rejected.

She is really arrogant by her looks & behaviour . I argued with her to know the reason behind that. I prepared all set of documents (as an Employee / Self-Employed / Director of a Company).

I discussed in this Forum earlier that "Can I sign my dividend Vouchers ?"
Every one replied : YES ,Why not

We will learn new points based on refusal of the Applications which are posted in this Forum. What ever you say "I am Lucky on that day arguing with case Worker " or any other

Lesson Learnt
=======================
If you sign your Dividend Vouchers your self, You need Accountant Letter
=======================

For knowing this & coveying this to you people only I argued.

I started using www.immigrationboards.com from 2007
(For my Initial HSMP , Tier 1 and FLR) & succeeded...Thanks to Moderators & every one

ILR_UK_
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_UK_ » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Interesting thing is Case worker did see my Absence Letter , You people have to decide weather it is Good or Not . I personally fee this letter is good.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 pm

ILR_UK_ wrote:
Raj422 wrote:Congrats....Does it mean that they first assess your application and then ask you to make payment?
As per my understanding from this Forum:
Other PEO's first ask you to pay fee then they will asses your application
Solihull PEO only first asses your application.Then ask you to pay Fee ( This is confirmed because I paid Fee after my approval only)
belfast also do the same... only 2 peo i..e solihull and belfast check your application first then you pay.....

i'm surpirsed how they are doign that. hope they will not changed :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 pm

I can also confirm this ILR_UK_ as I have seen a lot of posts where people said their fee was taken after the application was decided.
Last edited by linkers on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.