ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for WP holders to apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santhosh235
Newly Registered

Documents required for WP holders to apply for ILR?

Post by santhosh235 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum. Can any one tell me what are all the documents are required to submit for ILR? I'm on WP which is stamped for 5 yrs in 2007 and is going to end this year. I'm still with the same company. My employer has promised that he will be paying me 35K per annum. In the middle of my tenure I couldn't have 35K . Do I need to submit my P60's for all these 5 yrs, which I don't have now?

Is there any one of the same case, if so please share your experience. :P

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:02 pm

hi san
best start is the check the FAQ section here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
If you have been with the same employer for 5 years then a letter from the employer should be enough to cover your qualifying period. P60s are usually required for people with mixed criteria e.g. tier 1 combination so that it provides evidence of economic activity. You may still want to submit them just as a back up.
If you have lost your p60s then this sticky explains the alternative (employment history from HMRC) http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599
Now in terms of income, it all matters about your salary now, that it should be at least equal to that mentioned in your SOC code, you will need to provide an employer letter and also last three months payslips and statement. Here is another useful sticky for employer letter format.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413
All the best

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:12 am

Hi

San according to the required docs list from the HO you only have to give the following offcialy as per stated by the HO

3 Months Bank Statements

3 Months Pay slips

Letter from the employer

The above mentioned list if the official list of docs required and the rest is at the discretion of the CW that if he/she wants they might ask you for a P60

polar

Post by polar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 am

It is better to take your work permit documents with you.

santhosh235
Newly Registered

Post by santhosh235 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanx all for your immediate reply.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Hope you would help me out. I am on old WP ,my ILR is due in this year. I would like to ask about my wife. she is on WP dependent visa but she didnt stay with my for 2 years. she will be joining me soon this year.
she will be eligible for ILR with me ? Do i need to submit cohabitation document.?

please help me out .

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:38 pm

adil2009 wrote:Hope you would help me out. I am on old WP ,my ILR is due in this year. I would like to ask about my wife. she is on WP dependent visa but she didnt stay with my for 2 years. she will be joining me soon this year.
she will be eligible for ILR with me ? Do i need to submit cohabitation document.?

please help me out .
Hi

Mate I have a similar case as yours all you have to do is to apply for a FLR(M) for your wife and then once her two years are completed then she'll be able to apply for ILR.

I would highly recommend you that try to have as many co-hab docs prepared as you can for eg a joint bank account, DVLA of your wife, Your Wife NHS card, any utility bills both under your names so I believe that if you have these docs you should be fine.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm

adil2009 wrote:Hope you would help me out. I am on old WP ,my ILR is due in this year. I would like to ask about my wife. she is on WP dependent visa but she didnt stay with my for 2 years. she will be joining me soon this year.

please help me out .
vinny wrote:Don't worry. There is no minimum residential qualifying period for dependants of Work permit holders, when applying for ILR. They may apply for ILR with you (196E). KOL required.
However, Co-habitating documents may be required for however long she has been in the UK. May also have to show subsisting marriage, if she had been living apart elsewhere since marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.