ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE CHECK MY WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER AND COMMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:17 am

Please Moderators and senior members,

I am applying on Monday for under 28 hsmp application.

kindly check my work experience letter whether it is graduate level/detailed or not.

01 November 2006.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

This is to certify that xxxx xxx has been a permanent employee of xxxx Nigeria Limited in the Finance Control Department with staff identity number xxxx since 03rd of October 2002 to present.

His designation/job title is Audit Officer (Supervisor 1 Cadre). This role is a full time graduate level job, which requires a minimum of degree level qualification from four years College/University.

Please note that Finance Control Department has responsibilities for both audit and tax in xxx Nigeria Limited and Mr. xxxx xxxx reports to the Controller, Financial Operations.

xxxx Nigeria Limited is a subsidiary of xxxx (South Africa)(Pty) Ltd with presence in over 20 African countries and distributes food products with 1800 employee in Nigeria.

Below is a brief description of his job responsibilities

o He ensures strict adherence to procedures and processes approved by management by conducting regular and continuous audit of transactions, records and financial statements and Carries out ad-hoc investigations in the course of regular duties or as may be assigned by management.

o He carries out financial audit reviews which entails evaluating the accounting system and reporting of financial transactions, including authorisations and receipts and disbursement of funds,

o He carries out compliance audit review to determine the degree of adherence to established laws, policies and procedures.

o He carries out operational audit reviews in order to test and evaluate the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls.

o Appraises the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed.

o He carries out analytical review of the company’s financial statement.

o He conducts monthly Inventory count, Inventory audit and reconciliation.

o He undertakes periodic market intelligence pricing data or third party information.

o He conducts periodic audit investigation into areas where the procedures of the company have been grossly breached as assigned.

o He undertakes branch audit exercise and forward audit report thereon.

o Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.

o He carries out surprise cash count and reconciliations.

o He carries out periodic review of accounts receivable and payable.

o He participates in formalising procedures on all the organisations operations and implementation of internal controls,

o Liaises and co-operates with external auditors on tax matters.

o Prepares and remits monthly PAYE schedule both for employees in Lagos and in over 35 locations in Nigeria.

o Prepares and remits monthly VAT returns for all the company’s depots spread across the country.

o Preparation of withholding tax schedule and remittance to both the Federal Inland Revenue Service and Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue.

o He responds to tax queries from the tax authorities i.e. Federal Inland Revenue Service and State Boards of Internal Revenue both for Lagos State and over 35 locations in Nigeria.

o Co-ordinate tax audit exercise with Federal Inland Revenue Service, State Boards of Internal Revenues and the External Auditors.

o Obtains acceptance certificate on qualifying capital expenditure of the company’s fixed assets so as to reduce the company’s income tax by enabling the company claim capital allowance on the organisations fixed assets.

o Guides all employees in the completion of annual Income Tax Form A (Income Tax form for return of Income and claims for allowances and relief) and ETCC form (Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate Form).

o Prepares and renders annual tax returns to the various state boards of internal revenues in respect of P.A.Y.E.

o Processes Tax Clearance Certificates for Directors and all other employee

o Liases with Federal Inland Revenue officials in respect of
i. Company’s Taxation
ii. VAT returns

o Liases with the Lagos State Internal Revenue Officials in respect of P.A.Y.E with a view to ensuring good relationship with the tax authorities.

o Liases with the officials of N.S.I.T.F(Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund) in respect of remittances

o He gives suggestions on government tax policies with a view to enhancing the Tax advantages of the company.

o Carries out any other matter assigned from time to time by the Controller, Financial Operations.

o He ensures that the company’s is in compliance with all the tax laws in order to avoid penalties for the company.

Should you require any further clarification with regard to this letter, please do not hesitate to contact me at extension xxx on any of the telephone numbers listed below on the letterheaded paper.

Thank You.

For xxxx Nigeria limited.

xxxxx
Employee Relations Manager

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:18 am

Looks Fine!
Regards,

Pam Aujla

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:34 am

Does it is necessory to say its Post graduate level job ?
I mean if person say its graduate level job, and in description he will write like data entry.

Only job description is not enough to judge them properly , may be this word make they doubtfull.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:44 am

its not mandatory that u write its a post grduate level role..

what they r looking is graduate level role...

First thing they will look for is Responsiblities...Full Time...Period...

Graduate level degree if mentioned will just give them positive direction...So gud if mentioned...

Regards,

Paramjit Singh
Regards,

Pam Aujla

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks paramjit.