ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Family visit visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nileshkmakwana
Newly Registered

Sponsoring Family visit visa to UK

Post by nileshkmakwana » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi,

I am on HSMP Tier 1 (General) visa right now. My visa expires in April 2012. I have already applied for extension and waiting for reply. As long as I know the decision might take upto 6 months.
I want to apply for my parents visit visa to UK. Can any one advise if I can start process for my parents visit visa based on my current status? I can attach a letter, got from UKBA home office as proof that I have applied for extension and waiting for reply. Any Advise?

Thanks

Smallfamily

Re: Sponsoring Family visit visa to UK

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

nileshkmakwana wrote:Hi,

I am on HSMP Tier 1 (General) visa right now. My visa expires in April 2012. I have already applied for extension and waiting for reply. As long as I know the decision might take upto 6 months.
I want to apply for my parents visit visa to UK. Can any one advise if I can start process for my parents visit visa based on my current status? I can attach a letter, got from UKBA home office as proof that I have applied for extension and waiting for reply. Any Advise?

Thanks
My advice is not to apply for ur parents yet because you are saying that you can "attach a letter, got from UKBA home office as proof that u have applied for extension" but u don't know yet what will be the outcome of ur application so in the same way how homeoffice can decide on ur parent's application.

raja1082k1

Re: Sponsoring Family visit visa to UK

Post by raja1082k1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 am

nileshkmakwana wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hi nileshkmakwana

Please let me know whether your parents are applying for family visitor visa or not. I am also in the same boat. I had applied for my extn but want my in-laws to visit us in May as we are expecting baby in May.

Alternatively, I am thinking of asking my friend here to send his document for my in-laws showing that they are family friends and then my in-law will be able to come to UK on General visitor visa.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:00 am

With respect to the people who have responded so far, none of the answers are wholly appropriate as we don't know the circumstances.

Are your family members capable of independently supporting their trip or are they entirely reliant on your financial sponsorship? It's not vital or necessary that you have existing leave to remain for the period that wish to visit the UK.

Imagine if you were a PBS migrant intent on leaving the UK rather than extending. It could be perfectly possible and acceptable for your parents to apply for a family visa to the UK to visit you (help you wrap up your affairs in the UK), and then, waive you off the remain in the UK as tourists to pursue their own visit/tourist activities.

Everything about your question depends on the circumstances of the individuals and what evidence that can provide yet you have made no mention of these.