ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH Requirement - Applying for Tier-1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vennk0

ENGLISH Requirement - Applying for Tier-1 Extension

Post by vennk0 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:33 am

Hi,

I got my initial Tier-1 in May-2010 and I wrote TOEFL in Jan-2010 and showed TOEFL score as proof for English Requirement in 2010.

Now, I am planning to apply for expension - But I have some doubts regarding English requirements

1. Do I need to prove again for English requirement or initial applications proof will be sufficient
2. Will TOEFL which I took in 2010 is sufficicent for this extension in 2012(But I read score is valid for only 2 years)

Kindly advise if I have to take TOEFL again or is there any other way?

Thank you.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: ENGLISH Requirement - Applying for Tier-1 Extension

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 pm

vennk0 wrote:Hi,

I got my initial Tier-1 in May-2010 and I wrote TOEFL in Jan-2010 and showed TOEFL score as proof for English Requirement in 2010.

Now, I am planning to apply for expension - But I have some doubts regarding English requirements

1. Do I need to prove again for English requirement or initial applications proof will be sufficient
2. Will TOEFL which I took in 2010 is sufficicent for this extension in 2012(But I read score is valid for only 2 years)

Kindly advise if I have to take TOEFL again or is there any other way?

Thank you.
You don't have to prove English requirement again...

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:40 pm

I have the same question as well my ext is at end of may and in initial application I provide eng certificate and it's valid for two years and it's expired should I need to do it again for my ext according to new rules Bec new rules are bit confuse thanks

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:15 pm

please note that it has already been discussed few times on the forum. I initially had this same query last month and the conclusion was:

since you have already provided your english language requirements, you need to choose following option in your tier-1 app form, page 40:
Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement
regards,[/quote]

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 am

I've read the threads. I myself in the UK on Tier 1 which will expire in Feb 2013. I provided IELTS with overall of 6.5 which is now expired. I know that according to the rules and guidances there is no need to provide any evidence for english language and for qualification (if you are claiming point for the same qualification you submitted in your initial applicaiton).

I think there are two reasons for all these confusions:
1-It is said permission to stay. To be honest I myslef do not know what do they mean by permission to stay? It is the initial Tier 1 visa which we have got?
2-Many of the users may think who is going to apply for extension and is in need of IELTS or english language proof? all the Tier 1 Generals proved their english is at good level and therefore this transition is for whom?
they forget that there are many categories in the UK like compsoer, writer and lawyers (the dead categories) who are capable of extension for Tier 1 General and they did not submit any evidence for their english language ability

vennk0

Post by vennk0 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 pm

samira_uk wrote:I think there are two reasons for all these confusions:
1-It is said permission to stay. To be honest I myslef do not know what do they mean by permission to stay? It is the initial Tier 1 visa which we have got?
2-Many of the users may think who is going to apply for extension and is in need of IELTS or english language proof? all the Tier 1 Generals proved their english is at good level and therefore this transition is for whom?
they forget that there are many categories in the UK like compsoer, writer and lawyers (the dead categories) who are capable of extension for Tier 1 General and they did not submit any evidence for their english language ability
Hi Samira,

Above reply is not very clear, kindly advise if we have to prove our english requirements again for extension or not?

Thank you.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:38 pm

As in the previous posts, it is clear that you do not have to prove it again and it is clearly stated in the guidance. What i tried to explain were the reasons of this anxiery and doubt.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 pm

You don't need to provide the proof again. Even if you provide the proof again, it won't hurt.
Give me more Karma (+)