ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Uncle and Aunty

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smartawan
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for Uncle and Aunty

Post by smartawan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello,

Thanks in advance to everyone for their advice.

I am a British National and have been living with my family(Father, Mother, 2 sisters and 1 brother) in the UK for the last 7 years.

I have an Uncle (My father's only brother) and Aunty (uncle's wife) living in Karachi, Pakistan. My uncle has a well paid job and owns his house as well.

I am planning to call both of them over to the UK on a Visit visa to come and meet our family and spend some time with us.

I understand that I need to send the following documents in order to confirm my sponsorship:

• a sponsorship letter from me
• my bank statements for the last 90 days
• my wage slips for the last 3 months
• ability to accommodate and provide for their maintenance while they are here

I have had over £4000 in my bank account within last 90 days so hopefully that will be sufficient. From my current employment I earn £737/month and I will have wage slips to prove that.

My main worry is about how to show adequate accommodation for both of them.

I have bought a 3 bed house in October 2011 which is on mortgage and have been renting it out since than for £500/month. My bank statements would show instalment going out for the mortgage of £237/month.

I am living with my parents as I did before purchasing this house and it is a 4 bed council house. The tenancy agreement is on my mother’s name and council tax shows my father and mother both.

1- Will the salary be enough after taking into account the mortgage payment or does it show that I can’t afford to pay for their well being?

2- Will it be enough to just get a letter signed by mother to confirm that she is happy with my Uncle & Aunty staying in the house for a couple of weeks?

I can also attach tenancy agreement for my own house showing that tenancy contract has expired and if needed than I can ask tenants to leave the house in order to provide adequate accommodation for my uncle and aunty.

3- Do I need a solicitor to come around to my parent’s house and check size of rooms etc and verify anything?

Once again, any advice will be much appreciated and thanks for reading through such a long thread.

smartawan
Newly Registered

bump

Post by smartawan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm

bumpage ** cmon guys there is gotta be someone who can help me!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm

your post has nothing to do with tier 1 general visas. Try posting in General UK Immigration or Immigration for Family members section of the forum.

smartawan
Newly Registered

Post by smartawan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

thanks for your reply.

How can I move this thread to another section ?

as you would have guessed by now im a newbie :cry:

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

a moderator will need to move it for you.

smartawan
Newly Registered

Post by smartawan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:42 pm

if any mods are seeing this thread than please move it to the correct section.

apologies for posting in wrong section.