ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

canadiangal
Newly Registered

Relationship

Post by canadiangal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 am

I have been in a relationship with an Irishman for ten months. I was in Ireland up until Feb on a working holiday visa and we met while I was there.

Someone informed me that to reach the two year relationship status we should not be apart more than 30 days, is this true?

Also, I know Canadians can stay for 90 day periods, can I do this multiple times throughout the next year?

Does anyone know if it matters that he is only legally separated for two years?

Thanks so much.

adlexy

Re: Relationship

Post by adlexy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm

canadiangal wrote:I have been in a relationship with an Irishman for ten months. I was in Ireland up until Feb on a working holiday visa and we met while I was there.

Someone informed me that to reach the two year relationship status we should not be apart more than 30 days, is this true?

Also, I know Canadians can stay for 90 day periods, can I do this multiple times throughout the next year?

Does anyone know if it matters that he is only legally separated for two years?

Thanks so much.
I am sure it shouldnt matter that you are apart for more than 30days :) Even married couples are sometimes apart for more than 30days!

The area of concern for both of you is to make sure that you have proof of "face - to - face" contacts. All your travel tickets etc both ways should be kept safe as this may be useful. And while here, your proofs of stay, if in hotel, etc will be useful.

Pictures and etc will also come in very handy as well.

This page will be useful to you:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000278

All the very best :)