ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending dependant's visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmrs151
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Extending dependant's visa

Post by mmrs151 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi There,

I am currently under Tier 1 general, which will due to finish on the April 2012.
I have applied for my wife on Dec 2011 and she has received a three years dependant visa.
My question is, do I need to apply for my wife again and pay the fees?

Kind Regards,
M M Rahman

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:14 pm

The question is: How did your wife get a dependant visa which is valid even after the main applicant's visa expires?

Going back to the question: If that's the case, you can just extend alone and apply for your wife separately if you want.
Give me more Karma (+)

mmrs151
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mmrs151 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 pm

QuickSam wrote:The question is: How did your wife get a dependant visa which is valid even after the main applicant's visa expires?

Going back to the question: If that's the case, you can just extend alone and apply for your wife separately if you want.
I don't know why they have done it.
Don't know it that was intentional or mistake.
But made me confused about the extension.

I am wondering if I don't apply her visa with me, is her visa going to be invalid?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 pm

I am currently under Tier 1 general, which will due to finish on the April 2012.
I have applied for my wife on Dec 2011 and she has received a three years dependant visa.
That's really strange. I would have imagined your wife getting a visa valid until your visa. I think you should contact the home office.

-H

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:37 pm

I would suggest that both of you extend together in order to avoid confusion. If you cannot extend together for any reason, extend alone as your wife's visa is still valid.

Don't go calling UKBA, informing them about the mistake.
Give me more Karma (+)

mmrs151
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mmrs151 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

QuickSam wrote:I would suggest that both of you extend together in order to avoid confusion. If you cannot extend together for any reason, extend alone as your wife's visa is still valid.

Don't go calling UKBA, informing them about the mistake.
If I only extend my visa is there any problem I might face during my settlement?
Actually I will be getting another two years visa on my extension and my wife's dependant visa will still not expire after two years.
Instead of 4 months she has received 3 years of dependant visa.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

In my opinion, No body here will be able to tell you the "right" was forward.