ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options to commute by train.

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nonabidut
Newly Registered

Options to commute by train.

Post by nonabidut » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

I am looking to commute from Ipswich to either Cambridge, Norwich, or London. While I was able to see the seasonal ticket option from Ipswich to London, I could not do the same with Cambridge and Norwich. It is said that there is no seasonal ticket available for these routes. Am I missing something? Is there another special offer/deal for these routes? I am looking for jobs and thinking of my options. I find the train ticket to be unbelievably expensive. And also, is the regular train ticket set to a specific time of departure or people can basically travel whenever they want? Thanks in advance!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Options to commute by train.

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

nonabidut wrote:I am looking to commute from Ipswich to either Cambridge, Norwich, or London. While I was able to see the seasonal ticket option from Ipswich to London, I could not do the same with Cambridge and Norwich. It is said that there is no seasonal ticket available for these routes. Am I missing something? Is there another special offer/deal for these routes? I am looking for jobs and thinking of my options. I find the train ticket to be unbelievably expensive. And also, is the regular train ticket set to a specific time of departure or people can basically travel whenever they want? Thanks in advance!
train travel is expensive in the UK. I found the price for a season ticket between norwich and cambridge here

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/s ... et/tickets

Season tickets usually allow to you travel on any train on the relevent route, you do not have to stick to specific train times.

nonabidut
Newly Registered

Re: Options to commute by train.

Post by nonabidut » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 pm

train travel is expensive in the UK. I found the price for a season ticket between norwich and cambridge here

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/s ... et/tickets

Season tickets usually allow to you travel on any train on the relevent route, you do not have to stick to specific train times.[/quote]

Thank you Greenie, but how about from Ipswich to Norwich/Cambridge? If it is unavailable according to the website, is that mean the only choice I have is to pay full price? I notice there are some offer such as friends& family, or youth/students that give 30% off, but they are only for off peak hour, so not applicable to me.