ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for Embassy in Rome

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Row

Waiting for Embassy in Rome

Post by Row » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Me and my fiance have just submitted his fiance visa application in Rome. I am wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the wait is.
We compiled a file of evidence but we went to an agency where they selected some of the evidence and sent it off.
I am a little worried that not enough evidence was selected but wanted to know if it will make a different if my fiance takes all the rest of the evidence to the interview.
Any advice on interview questions etc, please let me know. I am very anxious now since have spent last five months preparing for the application and have take advice from this forum and read up on posts of experiences. So am hoping that have done all I can for this application but now it is the waiting.
Any advice and experiences will be much appreciated.

Ellie
Newly Registered

Post by Ellie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi Row,
I finally found someone in my same boat, Rome :D
Last I chekced the waiting was 2 months untill 3 months not more than that and probably less..
As in any embassy they will ask everything in the form, they will ask that same question in 2 or 3 different ways. About you, the spause in UK, ur work, residence how u met, when u decided to get married and all...
Now Row, Please can u tell me where ur spause is, which city in Italy and secondly why did the agnecy chose what evidence to send, and which agency is that, so I will avoid them
Please keep me updated on ur case, by the way what is ur spause's country of origin... :D

Row

Post by Row » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:31 pm

My spouse is orginally from Liberia, he lives in Brescia. We went to Sky Agency in Milan, it is one of the four that are mentioned on The British Embassy Rome, wedsite, so assumed that know what they are doing. But I would wait and see what happened first, it might be good news, who knows.
What is your situation? Has your spouse applied before?
Good to hear from you, good luck

Ellie
Newly Registered

Post by Ellie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:23 am

Don't worry too much about the evidence, let ur husband take everything ,that the agency refused to take, with him to the embassy...
By the way, I was reading from their emabssy website, that the processing times is between 8 to 15 working days :D , I am not sure if that applies to settlement visa too?...
Our situation is much more complicated (spause immigration history :? ) but we won't apply this year, I want to build a bigger portfolio of evidence...
Please keep me updated,
Thanks

Row

Post by Row » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:29 am

I think that 8 - 15 days it for visitor visa, as the agency defiantly said 1 - 2 months but was hoping that it would work out faster.
Yep will let you know what happens,
thanks,
good luck with your portfolio

Row

Fiance visa granted!!!

Post by Row » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 pm

Hey there, :)
Just give all the good news, my fiance visa was granted. It took 2 months 2 weeks but there was no interviews or checks, a miracle. Soo am over the moon,
Good luck!!!
Smiling happy person sending regards,
Row