ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debt left in The UK and now I am back!!

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Debt left in The UK and now I am back!!

Post by lalita1982 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello everyone:

I lived in The UK for 3.5 years. I studied English and then studied a MSc. Last year when I finished my MSc I applied to PSW1. However, my PSW1 was rejected. When, I received my rejection I left The UK straight away. Last week, I applied again to PSW1 in my home country and I got my visa for 2 years. I will back to The UK in a couple of days.

When I was living in The UK I get a credit card for £750 that I only used to complete the money that I needed to pay the last payment at Uni. I always pay on time the minimum payment at least. However, due to my rejection visa I made the last payment before I left. I did not have the money to cancel the entire debit. When I back to my home country I made some payments online with a debit card from The UK. Then, I started sending the money with some friends. My friends had difficulties to make the payment because it did not have the bill. Here in my home country I went to Santander bank to make some arrangements to pay monthly from my home country, but they told me that I had to pay in The UK. They did not give me the option to make the payment. My last payment was in November.

I back to The UK and want to solve my debt there. I do not know if is possible to make a new payment arrangement with Santander Bank. Also, I left a planning overdraft with Lloyds TSB for £100. I will pay this overdraft and interest straight away when I back.

Please any advice? I am worry about it

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:48 am

Contact the bank(s) in question in the UK and they will advise you on how to proceed and settle any outstanding debts.

regards

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm

lots of waffle but very straight forward go into your nearest Santander bank on arrival explain situation and pay it off, same with any other bank debt you have .
pennyless