ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trapped in Difficult Situation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

studen02
Newly Registered

Trapped in Difficult Situation

Post by studen02 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Firstly, thanks in advance for any valuable suggestion to my situation.

I've been a silent member of this forum since 2007 but registering it now to seek any suggestion to my situation.

- Came to UK on 27th May 2002 on student visa (visa was stamped on 20th May)
- Got few extensions and remained student till 2008
- In 2008 got married to a student and moved to her dependent (she arrived in UK 2007)
- Mrs completed her degree and her PSW stamped (in country) on 8th April 2009
- Hence I'm now dependent of T1 PSW which is due to expire on 7th/8th April 2012
- My ten years legal stay completes on 27th May (or 20th May, as I entered within 90 days and I believe visa stamp date does matter in this case)
- But there is a gap still between 8th April and 20th May, really worried about my options here.

I was thinking to apply for ILR before 8th April and expect a refusal, and as soon as refusal comes apply for ILR again as I would have completed 10 years by then... it’s purely based on the assumption that you carry the same status while your application is being considered at home office, am I safe doing so?

Any valuable suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Last edited by studen02 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Re: Trapped in Difficult Situation

Post by Somudro » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm

7th/8th April 2012 - 27th May 2002 =how many years?

Is this 9 years, 10 months 10 days?

If I am right then u migth not be eligible. Please check carefully.

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm

If this is the situation , then I prefer ur wife to apply as a phd. And wait for out come . By the time you will be qualify to apply 10 years rule . There has only one option to apply tier 4 .

Second , that's bit tricy , before your leve to remain expire , go and apply for tourist visa . Coz in 10 years rule , u can combine with tourist visa as long as u are not out of the country more than 6 years .

Thanks
Miyazi78

studen02
Newly Registered

Post by studen02 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 pm

miyazi78 wrote:If this is the situation , then I prefer ur wife to apply as a phd. And wait for out come . By the time you will be qualify to apply 10 years rule . There has only one option to apply tier 4 .

Second , that's bit tricy , before your leve to remain expire , go and apply for tourist visa . Coz in 10 years rule , u can combine with tourist visa as long as u are not out of the country more than 6 years .

Thanks
Miyazi78
Sorry don't understand what and how to switch to tier 4?

Also, you mean whilst mrs phd application is under processing at home office, I should apply under 10 years qualification category? Sorry, but confused from your replies

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Wel as you said mrs came in 2007 . Done her degree in here and then move in pew . If she done masters level in here , still she has a chance to do her phd in here .

Yes while your case pending in home office , you can apply for 10 years rule ,coz by the time application pending you will be fall on 3c catagory and apply when your 10 years will be build up .

Miyazi78

studen02
Newly Registered

Post by studen02 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 pm

miyazi78 wrote:

Yes while your case pending in home office , you can apply for 10 years rule ,coz by the time application pending you will be fall on 3c catagory and apply when your 10 years will be build up .

Miyazi78
That's an encouraging answer... that means I can fire off one ILR application, and while it's being assessed file another application? Has anyone been successfull this way? Appreciate if someone can share his/her experience.

Also, if someone can guide me to any official documentation to support this please.

Thanks.