ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 2 visa (sponsored) from Tier 1 (gENERAL)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futty
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier 2 visa (sponsored) from Tier 1 (gENERAL)

Post by futty » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am

Hi ALL

I am currently on Tier 1 (General) visa but unable to extend my LTR due to shortage in earnings.

I am a Social Worker ( my job is in Shortage occupation list) and my employer is willing to sponsor me and switch to Tier 2. I have been working for my employer for over2 years .

I would like to know if my employer still need to advertise the position in the Jobcentre ; before they consider offering me ; eventhough I have been working for them for over 2 years?????

Please advise and would highly apprecaite hearing from you.

thanks

Link-Law Associates
BANNED

Post by Link-Law Associates » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 am

If your job description is a Shortage occupation role – drafted by the MAC (Migration Advisory Committee) then your employer would be exempt from carrying out RLMT

Secondly since you would be switching from PSW to Tier 2 with the same employer you would not be require to carry out RLMT either

for further information you can visit our website www.spammer.com

Best wishes

LL

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 am

spammer Associates wrote:If your job description is a Shortage occupation role – drafted by the MAC (Migration Advisory Committee) then your employer would be exempt from carrying out RLMT

Secondly since you would be switching from PSW to Tier 2 with the same employer you would not be require to carry out RLMT either

for further information you can visit our website www.spammer.com

Best wishes

LL
the OP is switching from Tier 1 General, not Tier 1 PSW. Is there any reason why you always refer to your own website rather than to the UKBA website as a source of information? Not trying to use the forum to drum up business by any chance? I don't think this is permitted.

OP - See eligibility

Link-Law Associates
BANNED

Post by Link-Law Associates » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Dear Greenie,

I give free advice on the immigration boards - which helps drives traffic to the boards - There is also an option to add or attach a signature.

what I am doing is not touting for business.

If people wish to contact me to discuss a message I have left they are free to do so.

my details are there for everyone to see I do not hiding behind a fake name it show that I am accountable and have integrity.

You message sound like sour grapes.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:22 pm

spammer Associates wrote:Dear Greenie,

I give free advice on the immigration boards - which helps drives traffic to the boards - There is also an option to add or attach a signature.

what I am doing is not touting for business.

If people wish to contact me to discuss a message I have left they are free to do so.

my details are there for everyone to see I do not hiding behind a fake name it show that I am accountable and have integrity.

You message sound like sour grapes.
I'm not sure if you are allowed to have a link to your business in your signature.

However I have seen your posts. They were helpful however adding "if you need more info please contact xxx number xx email" is very annoying and looks like spamming.

There is a another forum about UK Immigration which provided free help and with time it turned out to be a place for law firms to collect leads.

This forum provides FREE advice so yeah :wink:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)