ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polly_s

Post by polly_s » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi to everyone, how are you doing ?!:) looks like its almost never good news on monday, tuesday,wednesday...
Saturday is the happy day when we, guys, get postman at the door!:)

Time starting pushing my nerves..

gregos
Newly Registered

Post by gregos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 pm

I also noticed the same thing people tend to recieve the passports towards the end of the week.

teluguabbayi
Newly Registered

info

Post by teluguabbayi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm

one of my friend wanted to apply for pr..after knowing my situation (waiting since 13th oct..set (o))..he wanted to apply in person..but no appointments available till end of april..as his visa is ending on 15th march..he had no option but to apply by post..he has even consulted a solicitor, who told him that it is quite obvious that u cannot expect the result within 6 months most of the cases these days..

he has also got following information:

there seem to be a new option called super premium, which costs £6500 (yes..£6500) for ilr, where a person from UKBA come to ur house and personally goes thru the process(he even takes ur biometric information at home) and hand over the ilr by evening..with in a day..

it looks like ilr fee will be £1600 (If u r applying by post) from may-2012, which is £975 now..

hmm..paisey loot tey raho..

pirzadaz
Newly Registered

Post by pirzadaz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Atlas wait finished got passports this morning, ILR stamped in Liverpool on 22 february. I sent my passports on 3 October and waited for long 33 painful weeks. Tanks for support every one. Good luck to all waiting .

septILR
Newly Registered

Congrats pirzadaz

Post by septILR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 am

Glad you got your ILR. If i am not wrong your wait was 22 weeks, right?

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 am

pirzadaz wrote:Atlas wait finished got passports this morning, ILR stamped in Liverpool on 22 february. I sent my passports on 3 October and waited for long 33 painful weeks. Tanks for support every one. Good luck to all waiting .

Congs Pirzadaz! Enjoy your ILR. Best of luck for the future
Last edited by chrisrich on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

Frustrated!!!
Newly Registered

Post by Frustrated!!! » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 am

I applied for SET(M) through PEO at the Liverpool office, on 19/12/2011. The officer that handled my case told me that she needed to conduct further investigation and will not be able to grant me the ILR on the day.

I attended the interview alone and didn't get any letter from her. This was a mistake on my part, but my wife was busy at work on the day and we were planning to travel together for Xmas.

Furthermore, I got married in my home country and moved to this country to live with her. We have since lived together for two years prior to my application.

I recently contacted my MP, and he has sent a letter to UK Boarder agency to ask for an update and timeline for my application. The UK Boarder agency is yet to reply.

While we are waiting for their reply to my MP, I will please appreciate any further suggestion on how to progress further or any advice.

Kind regards

F

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 am

Frustrated!!! wrote:I applied for SET(M) through PEO at the Liverpool office, on 19/12/2011. The officer that handled my case told me that she needed to conduct further investigation and will not be able to grant me the ILR on the day.

I attended the interview alone and didn't get any letter from her. This was a mistake on my part, but my wife was busy at work on the day and we were planning to travel together for Xmas.

Furthermore, I got married in my home country and moved to this country to live with her. We have since lived together for two years prior to my application.

I recently contacted my MP, and he has sent a letter to UK Boarder agency to ask for an update and timeline for my application. The UK Boarder agency is yet to reply.

While we are waiting for their reply to my MP, I will please appreciate any further suggestion on how to progress further or any advice.

Kind regards

F
If it's a PEO appointment for SET M, the couple must attend. I don't think getting a letter off your wife will have changed anything. Your application is now considered as a postal one, all you have to do is wait patiently like the rest of us.

bob-russell

Re: info

Post by bob-russell » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 am

teluguabbayi wrote:one of my friend wanted to apply for pr..after knowing my situation (waiting since 13th oct..set (o))..he wanted to apply in person..but no appointments available till end of april..as his visa is ending on 15th march..he had no option but to apply by post..he has even consulted a solicitor, who told him that it is quite obvious that u cannot expect the result within 6 months most of the cases these days..

he has also got following information:

there seem to be a new option called super premium, which costs £6500 (yes..£6500) for ilr, where a person from UKBA come to ur house and personally goes thru the process(he even takes ur biometric information at home) and hand over the ilr by evening..with in a day..

it looks like ilr fee will be £1600 (If u r applying by post) from may-2012, which is £975 now..

hmm..paisey loot tey raho..
The proposed fees from April 2012 are:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... g-2012.pdf

I also gather the £6000 is in addition to the premium fee but I may have misread this. Not far off £7.5K!!!!!

zari83
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by zari83 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

hi guys my solicitor fone me today i got ilr i send all of my detail tommorow i no pick passport yet

setMyasin

urgent

Post by setMyasin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Very bad news...Found out on Monday my nan has suffered a brain stroke in Pakistan and exactly 4 hours later a severe heart attack. ( wedding is in 2 weeks too, doubt that will happen now) Drs have said there is nothing we can do now. We have asked the MP to enquire about my wifes application as all my family are goin and is an urgent case now. Mp is still waiting for a reply from HO, we got a medical report from Islamabad hospital to prove this.

I need my wife's passport asap! Guys should i ring them up myself and explain the case and ask to speak to the supervisor? is this a gud idea?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

chrisrich

Re: ilr

Post by chrisrich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 pm

zari83 wrote:hi guys my solicitor fone me today i got ilr i send all of my detail tommorow i no pick passport yet
Congs zari83, so happy for you, enjoy your ILR

msimran1
Newly Registered

Re: info

Post by msimran1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi teluguabbayi

I would suggest ask your friend to contact some consultants. Most of the consultants book the appointments and then some of them are available with me. A friend of mine, just recently did the same. He called a consultant somewhere in London who had one appointment available. He went to them same day, who took their application and all other details and went to UKBA next day and got his ILR.

The friend told me that he had to call many of them and finally one told him that he has one appointment available.

Regards

setMyasin

Post by setMyasin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Mp has been in touch and said that HO have looked at my case and its been sent to regional office (wherever that is) they will process the application and within 10 working days i'll have my wifes passport returned to us...

I dont know if thats a good sign

Things are all going wrong...

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 pm

setMyasin wrote:Mp has been in touch and said that HO have looked at my case and its been sent to regional office (wherever that is) they will process the application and within 10 working days i'll have my wifes passport returned to us...

I hope & pray all turns out well for you. Wish you all the best.

setMyasin

Post by setMyasin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:32 pm

chrisrich wrote:
setMyasin wrote:Mp has been in touch and said that HO have looked at my case and its been sent to regional office (wherever that is) they will process the application and within 10 working days i'll have my wifes passport returned to us...

Thank you chrisch i hope so too, things are not working for us at the moment..my nan is in her last stage :(

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

setMyasin wrote:
chrisrich wrote:

Thank you chrisch i hope so too, things are not working for us at the moment..my nan is in her last stage :(
I can only imagine how you feel & it's not a good feeling, will keep you in my prayers, try not be stressed & worried about it, those two combined are very unhealthy, all will be well. God speed......

setMyasin

Post by setMyasin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:46 pm

chrisrich wrote:
setMyasin wrote:
chrisrich wrote:

I can only imagine how you feel & it's not a good feeling, will keep you in my prayers, try not be stressed & worried about it, those two combined are very unhealthy, all will be well. God speed......
Thanks chrisrich means alot, its not just the 2 things but also the wedding too spend thousands already venues booked brides grooms outfits everything is ready. But Firstly is my nan really want her to get better and then the passport and wedding...

We are praying day and night, dont feel like doing anything. :(

We hope all of us get some good news soon..Inshallah

amsidk
Newly Registered

Post by amsidk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:11 am

Finally we got our passport with ilr stamp :) now i can attend my brother's wedding but i hate HO ppl. Our passports were stamped on 22nd feb n we recived on 6th march thts insane. Strange thing is we contact MP on 28th feb n she said tht HO told her tht our case is with decision maker. Did she lied to us or HO gave her wrong update. Really horrible exp with postal service i would recommend to pay more as u can earn money but u cant do anything with the torture, depression n tesion u face for 6 months
Btw i recived passport on tuesday.

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:48 am

amsidk wrote:Finally we got our passport with ilr stamp :) now i can attend my brother's wedding but i hate HO ppl. Our passports were stamped on 22nd feb n we recived on 6th march thts insane. Strange thing is we contact MP on 28th feb n she said tht HO told her tht our case is with decision maker. Did she lied to us or HO gave her wrong update. Really horrible exp with postal service i would recommend to pay more as u can earn money but u cant do anything with the torture, depression n tesion u face for 6 months
Congs amsidk, enjoy your ILR, happy ending for you. Best of luck for the future

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 am

amsidk wrote:Finally we got our passport with ilr stamp :) now i can attend my brother's wedding but i hate HO ppl. Our passports were stamped on 22nd feb n we recived on 6th march thts insane. Strange thing is we contact MP on 28th feb n she said tht HO told her tht our case is with decision maker. Did she lied to us or HO gave her wrong update. Really horrible exp with postal service i would recommend to pay more as u can earn money but u cant do anything with the torture, depression n tesion u face for 6 months
Our local MP (New Forest) has forwarded my letter of complaint with a request that the processing be speed-ed up (for what that is worth!). This was the second such letter in a day!

I still feel it is appropriate for everyone to complain. The general feeling on the forum seems to be that it is pointless but it really is worth the effort. Government agencies play a numbers game and a rise in complaint numbers and the time taken to process them does get picked up by the Inspector.
Up till now this has been met with a change in targets rather than improvement in service. Don't hate the staff at the office hate the management structure that gives total priority to in-person applications at the cost of postal applications sitting in a pile for months!

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 am

Got my passport back today, ILR stamped 25 FEBRUARY, so excited, glory be to Jesus! Good luck everyone

VN

Post by VN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 am

chrisrich wrote:Got my passport back today, ILR stamped 25 FEBRUARY, so excited, glory be to Jesus! Good luck everyone
Congratulations!!

setMyasin

Post by setMyasin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:10 am

chrisrich wrote:Got my passport back today, ILR stamped 25 FEBRUARY, so excited, glory be to Jesus! Good luck everyone
Congrats! So happy for u! Enjoy ur stay ans best of luck with future

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:38 am

We really happy for you, Keep the same patience and smile rest of your life and enjoy your freedom, All the best.