ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BEGN (Honors) Degree Points' Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KDP
Newly Registered

BEGN (Honors) Degree Points' Confusion

Post by KDP » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Need help on this query please!!

I am currently holding Tier -1 General visa in UK. I applied my first application on 31March 2009, I had been awarded 30 points for my Bachelor degree in my first application. The visa stamped on my passport is 15th May 2009. Now when I try to calculate my points on the UK broder agency website, it doesn't show bachelor degree for my extension of stay. The point calculator is asking '' the date of the first successful application'', is that mean the date I actually applied or the date of the stamp on my passport? If they have awarded me 30 points in my initial application, can they refuse to award me the same points during extension because I recevied my leave to remain in that particular period when they were not awarding bacehlor degree points? Just FYI - the points were not being awarded for bachelor degree between 31March2009 to 1 April 2010.

My permanent residence applicaiton is due in Nov2012 and just for 5 1/2 months I have to apply for extension of stay. Just for clear understanding I was on a work permit before I switched to Tier-1 General.
Can I apply for a permanent residence directly than applying for extension of stay? I just see a waste of money & time in applying for the extension. its just a matter of 5 1/2 months and I will be applying for my PR.

Any sensible help/answer will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention to my query.

Regards,
KP

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: BEGN (Honors) Degree Points' Confusion

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Choose Date of your visa (Start from date of your T1 Visa) as first successful application date on Points calculator. The calculator will not automatically work out the points for your education. However, you should be able to claim the points on the form. Refer to the guidance for more clarifications.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

KDP
Newly Registered

Re: BEGN (Honors) Degree Points' Confusion

Post by KDP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 am

raxs1983 wrote:Choose Date of your visa (Start from date of your T1 Visa) as first successful application date on Points calculator. The calculator will not automatically work out the points for your education. However, you should be able to claim the points on the form. Refer to the guidance for more clarifications.
Thanks for your Guidance and attention to my query.

black7

Post by black7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 pm

The date of successful application is the date when we actually posted our application. I am in the same situation and my problem is that I do not remember my exact date of posting, but I have letter from Home office that they have deducted money on 19th of March and letter from Home office which says that they have awarded me 30 point for graduation. I hope that should suffice, please advice

Regards

KDP
Newly Registered

Post by KDP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:42 am

black7 wrote:The date of successful application is the date when we actually posted our application. I am in the same situation and my problem is that I do not remember my exact date of posting, but I have letter from Home office that they have deducted money on 19th of March and letter from Home office which says that they have awarded me 30 point for graduation. I hope that should suffice, please advice

Regards
Many thanks for your reply. But your case is very straight forward as you applied well before(19th March 2009) the laws were changed. In my case I do have a receipt for posting my application.(30th march 2009), which is just 1day before the new legislation been implemented(in the postal application they consider the postage date for the application and not the receiving date). I also have a letter from Home office stating the points they have awarded me for. i.e - 30 points for Bachelor degree(inc.). My query is where they can refuse to award the same points during my extension application on the bases of the visas' been granted under the new rule period (but considering the previous rules (before 31st march 2009)).

Regards,

KDP

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am

But the whole argument is that since both of us got 30 points for graduation then it is definate that in 2009 they considered our application by the old rule and that is what they should do now, I suppose if we go by logic but yes Home office case workers are known to behave irrationally!!!

Regards

KDP
Newly Registered

Post by KDP » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 pm

black7 wrote:But the whole argument is that since both of us got 30 points for graduation then it is definate that in 2009 they considered our application by the old rule and that is what they should do now, I suppose if we go by logic but yes Home office case workers are known to behave irrationally!!!

Regards
You are absolutely right, and that's when the worrying starts, and above all that I will be dealing with Croydon Home Office.lol!
I have just consulted one of the solicitor from Definitive Work Permits in London Victoria, who dealt with my work permit matter with my previous company and then have confirmed that, they can not penalized you on the bases of new rules in your extension if they have already awarded points for your Qualification in your initial application. and hence I need not to worry about sending my degree certificate to them as the extension form for FLR clearly have an option to ticked, reading' I have already provided evidence during my initial application' and policy guidance also mentions that you do not need to submit your qualification evidence if you have already proved/claimed/awarded points for it.

so, I think this will be helpful to you as well. good luck for your application and hope everything goes well.

Regards,
KDP

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for the info... I will keep the copy of guidence with me when I go for my PEO application.

Regards