ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency for non EU parent for naturalised Irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fota
Newly Registered

Permanent Residency for non EU parent for naturalised Irish

Post by fota » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 am

HI ,

I have been naturalised couple of years ago based on 5 yrs working visa , Luckily I am still employed , as well as my wife .

Now I want to bring my parents (non-EU , both over 65 years old) to live permanently in Ireland , Both my parents have visisted me couple of times in the past. Financially , between 2 of us we can support them , so hopfully , my parents won't be dependant on the Irish government .

What sort of visa for my parents I should apply for ? Has anyone came across similar situation ? Any clue what would be the best approach to the Irish immigration system ?

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this
Fota

adlexy

Re: Permanent Residency for non EU parent for naturalised Ir

Post by adlexy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm

fota wrote:HI ,

I have been naturalised couple of years ago based on 5 yrs working visa , Luckily I am still employed , as well as my wife .

Now I want to bring my parents (non-EU , both over 65 years old) to live permanently in Ireland , Both my parents have visisted me couple of times in the past. Financially , between 2 of us we can support them , so hopfully , my parents won't be dependant on the Irish government .

What sort of visa for my parents I should apply for ? Has anyone came across similar situation ? Any clue what would be the best approach to the Irish immigration system ?

Fota
As simple as it sounds, it is a tough nut to crack because there is no exclusive right to allow them come in.

If you were non Irish but other EU, it would have been easy to go through the dependency route of the EU Directives which is clearer and probably easier. Except of course, you are considering moving to another EU state for this reason and to excercise your EUTR :)

However, based on recent court ruling, you may have a chance, if you could show that they are dependent on you and not likely to be dependent on the state.

Please read the recent court ruling:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 67585.html

All the best :)

DingDong

Re: Permanent Residency for non EU parent for naturalised Ir

Post by DingDong » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

fota wrote:HI ,

Fota
Hi Fota,

Actually I am in the same boat as well, as I want to bring my mother to stay with me in Ireland, and I am also Naturalized citizen on working visa, so I am pretty much intrested as well, that if it's really possible to bring my mother or not ...
There is no proper material available out on the web, that can guide that these are the steps that you need to follow to get it done successfully.

If anyone else has any suggestions ?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

any further information on the above topic. I am also exploring ways to bring my dependent parents.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Thu May 17, 2012 10:17 am

This is interesting to em as well.

Has anyone tried the Stamp 0 route?

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Stamp%20 ... mp%200.pdf

Again, it is not clear-cut - however there is a mention of "humanitarian grounds" although, I do not know what it entails.

Thanks
-xxxtieee-

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu May 17, 2012 10:34 am

I dont think this is applicable for bringing in dependent non-EEA parents.