ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

who can apply for WORK PERMIT and how long is the visa(work)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spike_UK

who can apply for WORK PERMIT and how long is the visa(work)

Post by spike_UK » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi all,
Who can apply for work permit and how long is the visa for? does work permit means a family member under EU regulations(when u r living with EEA spouse but not married) and is it count for 5 yrs residency towards PR?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

MelC

Re: who can apply for WORK PERMIT and how long is the visa(w

Post by MelC » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi all,
Who can apply for work permit and how long is the visa for? does work permit means a family member under EU regulations(when u r living with EEA spouse but not married) and is it count for 5 yrs residency towards PR?
spike, im getting a tad confused as to what your situation actually is from the various posts of yours i have seen.

IF you are a family member of an EEA national you do not need a work permit.

a partner is NOT a family member, they are an Other Family Member.

IF you are living with an EEA national in the UK, and you are not an EEA national then you are either their spouse of partner.
MelC

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm

MelC,
Sorry for confusing u but I just want to know, whether when I joined my spouse by only living with her,,,am I a family member or not? just to know im eligible for PR or not.

I seen cases people in same as my situation(2 yrs together and 3 yrs married) but had work permit only and got PR(after refusal).
Get me proper answer please and I will delete all my posts because im getting confused too :?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 pm

There may be less confusion if you stick to one thread.
Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:My wife is willing to apply for British now(she is eligible) if when she get British allows me(make me eligible) for PR regardless marriage(don't have to wait for 11/2014).......guys can you advice me plz.
Your question has already been answered in your previous post.

Same goes to your questions about eligibility for PR - which was answered here.

I understand you are worried but asking the same questions again won't change things. I suggest you wait until a decision is made by the HO.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.