ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN ILE ( Child ) go for MN1 and Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shhameed
India

CAN ILE ( Child ) go for MN1 and Citizenship

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Myself and My wife are ILR holder. My daughter born in UK had gone to India on an emergency. Now she is applying her settlement ( I think it is called as ILE ) Once she comes in to Uk Is she eligible to go for MN1 and then Citizenship?

One more query. Since My daughter was born in UK after both (parents ) got the ILR I applied for child benefit. But that is not yet approved. Would that cause any concerns for my daughter's ILE??

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Once she comes in to Uk Is she eligible to go for MN1 and then Citizenship?
As she was born in the UK, the MN1 could be submitted at the nearest British Mission. That is, there is no need to wait until she is in the UK before making the application.

By the way, how old is she?

MN1? Citizenship? MN1 is an application for British Citizenship. Once that is granted, a British passport can be applied for, and again that application could be made outside the UK at the nearest British Mission.
John

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification on MN1 and British citizenship.

My daughter is 1year and 2 months old. she left to India on emergency as my wife's father passed away. I don't want her to say for long to get the MN1 etc done. So I thought of applying or ILE and then bring her and then after we as a family can apply for the citizenship

One more clarification. Can she be travelling back to India( for holidays ) if she gets the ILE??
Last edited by Shhameed on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shhameed
India

Re: CAN ILE ( Child ) go for MN1 and Citizenship

Post by Shhameed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Shhameed wrote:
One more query. Since My daughter was born in UK after both (parents ) got the ILR I applied for child benefit. But that is not yet approved. Would that cause any concerns for my daughter's ILE??
Thanks Vinny,
Could some one answer for the above point??

vinny

Re: CAN ILE ( Child ) go for MN1 and Citizenship

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Shhameed wrote:One more query. Since My daughter was born in UK after both (parents ) got the ILR I applied for child benefit. But that is not yet approved. Would that cause any concerns for my daughter's ILE??
If she was born in the UK after parent's ILR, then she is already British!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:07 am

[quote="vinny"][quote="Shhameed"]One more query. Since My daughter was born in UK after both (parents ) got the ILR I applied for child benefit. We are yet to receive any benefit. Would that cause any concerns for my daughter's ILE??[/quote]

No Vinny

she's born in 2010 and we got ILR recently 2months back