ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: Waiting to be allocated to Caseworker.

Post by hari15 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:44 pm

bollyfan wrote:Hi Guys,

My cc have been charged on 06th Oct.
Still my appln is waiting to be allocated to caseworker.
My ref no: 082***

I know, many of the people are in same situation.

Does anybody know, on an average howmany of us are in similar situation?

cheers.
bollyfan.
I think it is going too late for you

Did anybody else here whose case allocated to case worker with CC got charged on or after 6th without urgent treatment form?

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:34 am

In my UK company reference letter , they mentioned my designation as senior IT Professional. I am claiming graduate level. This designation is not in casewoker manual , any guess how HO will treat it?

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 am

today i called again and they said no decison has been made. why this is so

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:29 am

hari15 wrote: Root,
In average they are getting 300 applicatins per day.. (This is apart from review applications)

Even if you assume that they have 50 caseworkers each have to see atleast 6 cases per day

There may be only 5 to 10 managers

They have to review 30 to 60 cases per day

So it will delay, its natural. Dont worry

if it is delaying more than a week then lets see
what do u think why its taking too long , it means verification ...

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Re: My application status

Post by hsmper6thOct » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:38 am

06 Nov: called again (not 6020 number), was told 'still in process, but won't take long, please call back by the end of the week or early next week'.
hsmper6thOct wrote: Category: under 28 In country
education: 30
work experience : 25
past earnings: 50
Total: 110

Application sent:5-OCT-2006
HO Received: 6-Oct-2006
Ref No Received: 7-Oct-2006
CC charged: 9th Oct 2006
17 Oct 2006: Awaiting allocation for a caseworker
26 Oct 2006: Just called, primilinary decision made, but need to be confirmed in the final stage to make sure that 'they don't make mistakes'. They suggested me call again on Monday to check the result, which will be definitely made (and the application documents would be sent back to me by then). I then called my previous company but they said they had never received any enquiry. What would be the possible result? I asked him indirectly but he would not disclose any info at this stage because the result had not been finalised.
27 Oct: called again. The materials were with a case worker. wounldn't tell me how long it will take or the status.
30 Oct: called again. It is with case workers and still pending. Receptionist told me the result may come out 'very soon, maybe at the end of the week, or early next week, or several weeks'. suggested me call back on Friday.
02 Nov: Called again on the ***6020 number (direct HSMP number), was told the materials were still with caseworker. documents were sent out for verification. Couldn't tell me how long it would take.
03 Nov: updated from my former employer. background checked by local authority.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:40 am

root wrote:
hari15 wrote: Root,
In average they are getting 300 applicatins per day.. (This is apart from review applications)

Even if you assume that they have 50 caseworkers each have to see atleast 6 cases per day

There may be only 5 to 10 managers

They have to review 30 to 60 cases per day

So it will delay, its natural. Dont worry

if it is delaying more than a week then lets see
what do u think why its taking too long , it means verification ...
I really couldnt guess...

many applications are delaying nowadays...

I never saw a straight forward easy approval for any October applicants until now (without urgent treatment form)

Another thing what I noticed is whoever documents going for verification, they are hardly getting the result positive, how much ever genuine there documents are and how much ever co-operative that employer is..

So once gone for verification, success % is not even 5%

Pray god that it should not go for verification.. that only you can do now.

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:47 am

I am always praying to Allah.

in Pakistan verfication rejections are 100%
my status is not of verification as I asked 6020. niether of my employer got any call.

tell me plz if they send docs for verification then there is separate status that docs sent for verification? or same final stage processing??? :?:

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:57 am

root wrote:I am always praying to Allah.

my status is not of verification as I asked 6020. niether of my employer got any call.

tell me plz if they send docs for verification then there is separate status that docs sent for verification? or same final stage processing??? :?:
They will say as few documents sents for verification

But remeber.. That is the strategy they are using for those applications which they decide to reject priorly without any reason

Actually in HSMP scheme they are getting more applications than expected, they want to filter out many. But even then many are getting that 65 points, hence they want to filter out further.

On seeing the application which got 65 points, they are deciding on whether to accept it or reject it

Once they decide to reject it, they need a reason for it, for that they are doing a 'drama' called verification. Even if your employer got verified, they will reject. Even if you apply for review again they will reject. I saw many cases like this forum..

In total my view is, They are sending for verification only for those applicants whom they already decided to reject

If anybody got success after verification please let me know

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:05 am

I also didnt see anybody else approved after verification

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:09 am

root wrote:I also didnt see anybody else approved after verification
Infact there Caseworker manual for review states that, if the applicant been rejected on the ground of verification and applying for review, then not to work on it. it is asking caseworker to again put the same words & reject ..

So I strongly advice any applicants got rejected on Verification ground, not to apply for review, it wont succeed. Re-apply again

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:11 am

in which section's manual it is stated?

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:19 am

hari15 wrote:
root wrote:I am always praying to Allah.

They will say as few documents sents for verification

But remeber.. That is the strategy they are using for those applications which they decide to reject priorly without any reason

Actually in HSMP scheme they are getting more applications than expected, they want to filter out many. But even then many are getting that 65 points, hence they want to filter out further.

On seeing the application which got 65 points, they are deciding on whether to accept it or reject it

Once they decide to reject it, they need a reason for it, for that they are doing a 'drama' called verification. Even if your employer got verified, they will reject. Even if you apply for review again they will reject. I saw many cases like this forum..

In total my view is, They are sending for verification only for those applicants whom they already decided to reject

If anybody got success after verification please let me know
I agree to this 100%
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:28 am

My guess is that the caseworkers are divided into teams which look at applications from certain regions or countries. From the feedback on this forum, it seems like number of applications from certain countries like US, Europe etc. are less and hence get to a caseworker desk much faster than applications from countries like India and Pakistan from where the inflow of applications is much higher.

Just my wild impagination :wink:

regards

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 am

I just called and got to know that my caseworker is absent and this is I think the reason that why my case is getting delayed for 7 days

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:28 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:My guess is that the caseworkers are divided into teams which look at applications from certain regions or countries. From the feedback on this forum, it seems like number of applications from certain countries like US, Europe etc. are less and hence get to a caseworker desk much faster than applications from countries like India and Pakistan from where the inflow of applications is much higher.

regards
One of my australian collegue who is working with me got approved straight away without any sort of verification..

I am working in same office with him in same post.. But since I am an Indian I am not expecting that much easy approval... They are definitly going to take time to decide on my application or they may reject also saying some reason...

Onething what I found is, they are not much happy to allow more asians to UK, because they fear that it will change the very culture of UK.. whereas allowing Europeans, americans & australians wont cause any cultural problem to them

root

Post by root » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:49 pm

but i have seen lots of indians getting approval without verification

inso

Post by inso » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 pm

The handful of people active on this board represent only a mere fraction of those applying; it is statistically ridiculous to make any deduction from others' experience here...

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:51 pm

Please be aware that my earlier comments (as below) are my interpretation (and mine alone) regarding "the time taken for an application to be assigned to a caseworker". Nothing to do with activities undertaken later on e.g.- verification etc.

regards
ukjobsforme wrote:My guess is that the caseworkers are divided into teams which look at applications from certain regions or countries. From the feedback on this forum, it seems like number of applications from certain countries like US, Europe etc. are less and hence get to a caseworker desk much faster than applications from countries like India and Pakistan from where the inflow of applications is much higher.

regards

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:54 pm

Update
Out-country applicant, 28+ category

Application received by HO: 16-Oct-06
Credit Card charged: 17-Oct-06
Reference No. received: 20-Oct-06
Reference No.: 089***

Status as on 06-Nov: waiting for allocation to a caseworker

regards

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:07 pm

I don't really agree with any of these past statements because I am a young female USA citizen who meets all the requirements of an HSMP visa and I am still getting as hard of a time as anyone else from India, China, Pakistan... ect.... This is my second application and I have been waiting for a case worker now for 17 business days since my cc has been charged. So I don't know how the system is based, but I can assure you they aren't biased.

Best of luck to everyone.. no matter who you are. :)
-Uk4James

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:40 pm

uk4James wrote:I don't really agree with any of these past statements because I am a young female USA citizen who meets all the requirements of an HSMP visa and I am still getting as hard of a time as anyone else from India, China, Pakistan... ect.... This is my second application and I have been waiting for a case worker now for 17 business days since my cc has been charged. So I don't know how the system is based, but I can assure you they aren't biased.

-Uk4James
Mam,
I agree for 100% that they were not biased to anyone regarding strictness on required documents, document wordings and document format

They are showing that strictness on documentation to all irrespective of where they are from..

But once when our documents are clear & once gained points, it is almost sure for europeans US & Australians to pass, whereas asians may have to face another barrier called "verification checks".. This is what I pointed out..

I just told the fact... I have no intention to blame any one :) .. it is like that only.. what to do :)

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi uk4james,

Just out of curiosity, may I ask how much time did it take for your first application ??

regards
uk4James wrote:I don't really agree with any of these past statements because I am a young female USA citizen who meets all the requirements of an HSMP visa and I am still getting as hard of a time as anyone else from India, China, Pakistan... ect.... This is my second application and I have been waiting for a case worker now for 17 business days since my cc has been charged. So I don't know how the system is based, but I can assure you they aren't biased.

-Uk4James

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:21 pm

I sent my first application on August 2nd and received the rejection letter on Sept 14th, 2006. It took 10 days to get my case worker allocated after payment received and then about another 2 weeks after that for the rejection to be put through. Clearly things are taking longer this time for me even to get a case worker. I am wondering if this is because volume is heavier or if they allocate 2nd time applicants to a different case worker group.

-uk4james
Hi uk4james,

Just out of curiosity, may I ask how much time did it take for your first application ??

regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:27 pm

uk4James wrote:I sent my first application on August 2nd and received the rejection letter on Sept 14th, 2006. It took 10 days to get my case worker allocated after payment received and then about another 2 weeks after that for the rejection to be put through. Clearly things are taking longer this time for me even to get a case worker. I am wondering if this is because volume is heavier or if they allocate 2nd time applicants to a different case worker group.

-uk4james
Can I know the rejection reason?

Thanks

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:50 pm

1.Sent a photo copy of passport and US license (not notarized).
2.Employer letter did not specifically lay out job responsibilities and specific start and end dates... although the letter did entail start and end dates and did state job responsibilities.
3. Past 12 months pay stubs were internet print outs from our secure online system and not paper stubs. I tried to explain that our company doesn't offer paper pay stubs but this was not sufficient since they weren't on company headed paper and signed by my employer.

hope this helps.
-Uk4James

Can I know the rejection reason?