ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thinking about immigrating to UK...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Immigraz
Newly Registered

Thinking about immigrating to UK...

Post by Immigraz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello. I'm thinking about immigrating to UK in a couple months. However I've no idea what would happen after I get a ticket, fly over there and exit the plane. Let me give you some information about myself, so perhaps I could get some realistic information.

I'm over 18.
I'll only have high-school diploma.
I enjoy IT (therefore I'd like my job to be IT-related, not a poorly-treated factory worker).
I don't know anyone in UK.
I'd barely have enough money for the flight ticket, so I couldn't immigrate and enjoy the scenery for half a year.
I'm not social nor good-looking.
I couldn't share a room with anyone, I need my completely private space.

So what are my possibilities? If you've any questions, feel free to ask.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Assuming this is serious request for advice :? ...what nationality do you have?

Immigraz
Newly Registered

Post by Immigraz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Casa wrote:Assuming this is serious request for advice :? ...what nationality do you have?
No offense, but after "assume this is a serious request", I prefer not to share that information. I'm from Eastern Europe though, mostly people speak Russian around here, so I'm in the minority who can speak proper English.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 pm

sorry but given your post, did you really think that people would think that you were being serious. How is whether you are 'social or good looking' at all relevent to immigrating to the UK?

You can't just jump on a plane and turn up - you need a visa first unless you are a non visa national. As you are not willing to share your nationality, no one can offer you advice. Start here to see if there are any categories for which you qualify.

Immigraz
Newly Registered

Post by Immigraz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Greenie wrote:sorry but given your post, did you really think that people would think that you were being serious. How is whether you are 'social or good looking' at all relevent to immigrating to the UK?

You can't just jump on a plane and turn up - you need a visa first unless you are a non visa national. As you are not willing to share your nationality, no one can offer you advice. Start here to see if there are any categories for which you qualify.
It's relevant when getting a job. A smooth-talker could talk his way trough many situations. If I weren't Caucasian, I'd mention that as well, at least around here the situation's pretty bad for anyone but Caucasians.

Nothing except maybe Youth mobility scheme, however my country isn't eligible for that.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

but it's not relevent to whether or not you can get a visa. If you want to be taken seriously, then ask serious questions and give relevent information.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Stay wherever you are.

With your high school diploma you will be lucky to get a job in a factory, In UK most of the people work in shops and retail have a degree FYI :lol:

To succeed in UK and get a "Good" job I strongly advice you to get yourself a decent degree, Some work experience and also do acquire some skills, Then try and see if you can enter UK via a work permit route.

But like Greenie said you need a visa to start with.
Last edited by madona587 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 am

I know people who are in their late twenties to early thirties, have a Master's degree in IT and have a few years of coding/programming experience in their home country (with decent IT firms) and are struggling to get an job in the UK or are quite frustrated with the work/conditions in the UK. So if you are an extremely clever operator and smooth talker, you shouldn't get on that plane that quickly.

Also here is just one example for your consideration.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97624

Immigraz
Newly Registered

Post by Immigraz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 pm

I see. Well thank you for the information. I guess I'll hold off of immigration to UK then. It doesn't seem to be the right place for me then. :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Nice to see people with a sense of humour using the forum :lol:

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 am

batleykhan wrote:Nice to see people with a sense of humour using the forum :lol:
Sense of humour ? Wasting time more like !!
pennyless

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Nice to see people with a sense of humour using the forum :lol:
Sense of humour ? Wasting time more like !!
You are under no obligation to read his post or reply back to him. If you don't like peoples post just ignore them :roll: