ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of subsisting relationship

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dnedunga
Newly Registered

Proof of subsisting relationship

Post by dnedunga » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,
I am applying for a Tier1 extension and have also included my dependents' (wife) application along with mine (applying together).
Apart from the marriage certificate do I need to include any other proof of subsisting relationship, or proof that we live together (e.g. council tax statement has both of us as named payers). Is this necessary?

Thanks,
Dil

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:04 am

319C wrote:(d) The marriage or civil partnership, or relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, must be subsisting at the time the application is made.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dnedunga
Newly Registered

Post by dnedunga » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 am

vinny, thanks, I understand that. I wanted to know - apart from the marriage certificate, do I need to show any other proof? (e.g. common utility bills, tenancy agreement etc?)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 am

dnedunga wrote:vinny, thanks, I understand that. I wanted to know - apart from the marriage certificate, do I need to show any other proof? (e.g. common utility bills, tenancy agreement etc?)
tenancy agreement with dependents name is required, include utility bill if you wish
Manka

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 am

Manka10 wrote:
dnedunga wrote:vinny, thanks, I understand that. I wanted to know - apart from the marriage certificate, do I need to show any other proof? (e.g. common utility bills, tenancy agreement etc?)
tenancy agreement with dependents name is required, include utility bill if you wish
As you are going for extension tenancy agreement is not mandatory requirement.

Marriage certificate should be enough.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 am

It is not mandatory to include anything else as you are applying together.

If you still have doubts, you could include any utility bill / bank statement / NHS letter that is in your dependant's name to show that you live at the same address.
Give me more Karma (+)

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 am

QuickSam wrote:It is not mandatory to include anything else as you are applying together.

If you still have doubts, you could include any utility bill / bank statement / NHS letter that is in your dependant's name to show that you live at the same address.
totally agreed. and this is what i am going to do now.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:17 pm

ashehzi wrote:
QuickSam wrote:It is not mandatory to include anything else as you are applying together.

I have applied together on same day and included nothing.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:04 pm

ashehzi wrote:

I agree fellow BasVegas member :) Your marriage certificate should suffice :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...