ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) returned invalid, fiance visa expired in the meantime

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

FLR(M) returned invalid, fiance visa expired in the meantime

Post by AngieLynn09 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi everyone!
I entered the UK on a fiance visa and my husband and I are now married. I applied with the FLR(M) over a month before that visa was due to expire. It was turned two days ago as invalid because I used an older version of the form. The letter gave me instructions on submitting a new application. The problem is that my fiance visa expired while they had the first application. I am now 6 days overstayed on that visa. I want to re-apply and I know if it is refused, I'll have to leave the country and I'll have no appeal rights, but what I'm worried about is getting a ban on re-entering the country if the visa is rejected.

Does anyone have any information on how likely it is that my visa will be approved or how likely I am to get banned from re-entry due to overstaying following a rejected visa?

Thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Did you post your application later than 21 days following the introduction of a new version of the form (34I)?

A ban will not be applicable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I posted my form more than 21 days after the new one was made available, I just never checked so it was my fault. Other than that and that my visa has now expired, my application is straightforward. So, do you think I have a good shot of getting my visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

If they gave you a time limit in which to reapply, then you may have a legitimate expectation that it will be acceptable within the time limit. Do enclose a copy of their letter with your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 pm

They didn't specifically give me a time period. It just said it's invalid and you can send in the right one, but it didn't mention anything about my overstaying. So I called the UKBA and got many different answers. Some said I should go back and apply for a spouse visa but I was also told I can apply with a new form and just explain with a cover letter. Finally called a lawyer and he told us to do the latter. I mailed it February 28th and received a letter that they have it, but no news on whether it will be acceptable. The lawyer said the immigration officer that gets it will have to use their discretion on whether or not to grant my FLR in spite of my overstay, but in his experience, they decide in favor of keeping spouses together. So, fingers crossed...

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello,
I am in exactly the same boat as you. We applied in January ( a month before visa was going to expire) with an out of date form so the application got sent back. By this time the visa had expired. But we were given the opportunity to reapply. Still waiting on the decision. Has been 5 months which is the going processing time at the moment. Was wanting to know if you had heard anything yet on your application.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 pm

I just cannot believe how people can be so complacent and careless about such an important matter. I wish you good luck, but sending an application form which is weeks out of date is nothing short of pure stupidity.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 pm

asim72 wrote:I just cannot believe how people can be so complacent and careless about such an important matter. I wish you good luck, but sending an application form which is weeks out of date is nothing short of pure stupidity.
what a helpful and constructive contribution.

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 pm

What is the point of posting a reply that is negative and so unhelpful. It was nothing more than a mistake.
You may think it is careless...but infact putting together an application is stressful!
It doesn't help the situation when the new version of the form is an exact replica of the out of date form too. We checked over the form online to the one we had printed off and it was word for word.
So do excuse me for being a bit peeved off at someone that writes a post that is unnecessary and really inconsiderate!
Your post was nothing short of pure stupidity!

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm

I apologise for using such harsh language. I may be totally wrong, but I find baffling how people make such basic errors on such an important matter.

You migt have missed the obvious, but I doubt you checked the form and it matched word to word. The valid from date of the form is clearly mentioned on the very first page of the application form.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 am

kiwi87 wrote:Hello,
I am in exactly the same boat as you. We applied in January ( a month before visa was going to expire) with an out of date form so the application got sent back. By this time the visa had expired. But we were given the opportunity to reapply. Still waiting onthe decision. Has been 5 months which is the going processing time at the moment. Was wanting to know if you had heard anything yet on your application.
Hi Kiwi,
Yes, sounds like the exact same situation and it's been about 4 months for us and we haven't heard anything except for them to ask through our MP for another set of my passport photos (not sure why, was told that maybe they were misplaced) but good luck!

I'm going to choose to ignore the disparaging comments that have been posted.