ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another Spouse Visa.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Confused One

Another Spouse Visa.....

Post by The Confused One » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi All,

First of all i would like to say that this website is very good with regards to the information provided, if i only i had found this earlier!!

I recently got married to my husband in April of this year in Pakistan and returned to the UK in may. I started working in June and have now just submitted my spouse Visa application with the following documents:

4 Months Payslips
3 Months Bank Statements
2 letters from my builiding society confirming the amount in my savings account
Phone Bills
Wedding Photos
My Degree Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Council Letter
Landlord Letter
Employment Letter
Copies of my passport, birth certificate and NI card

After reading some of the information on this website i am now getting the feeling that the evidence i have provided seems quite insufficient

Can anybody advise me on this please

The Confused One :?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:40 pm

I don't know whether the evidence will be sufficient or not, Confused One, but I suspect that some clarification might help those who do know the answer....

I'm puzzled by your saying "I started working in June and have now just submitted my spouse Visa application...." Do you mean that your husband has just submitted as application in Pakistan, or is this some sort of application that you have submitted here? Do we take it that you are a British citizen, and your husband is Pakistani, and has remained in Pakistan?

Sorry! I'm not trying to pick holes - I just don't quite understand the situation....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Sorry maybe i should have explained my situation in more depth....

I am a British Citizen, married by husband who is still in Pakistan, i sent the supporting evidence to him so he can submit the visa application to join me in the UK as my spouse.

I started my first full time job in June of this year as prior to this i was studying at university hence why i have only Four months Payslips, i was just enquiring if the evidence i have submitted seems insufficent

Kind Regards
The Confused One

p.s Thanks for replying ppron747

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:58 pm

When you say you submitted your marriage certificate, do you mean the original urdu version only? Cos you need a translated and attested version too.

Also, if you are renting then you should provide evidence of the rent being paid, like your rent book. I also submitted a letter from the landlord stating it was okay for my husband to live in the property with me as the tenancy was in my name only (I submitted my tenancy agreement too)

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Hey Brit Chick.

Thanks for Replying, i have submitted the original urdu version and a translated version of my Nikkah Certificate

The Situation with the renting is that i am not living in the property at the moment but have a letter from my landlord confirming that once my husband joins me in the UK we will start renting the property, its like a pre-tenancy agreement stating which room we will occupy, how much rent we will pay etc.

I am currently living at home with my family and the housekeeping i pay is almost equivalent to the amount of rent i will pay so there will not be any differnece with regards to my finacial situation

Should there have been anything else i should have submitted?

Thanks
The Confused One

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 am

Can't think of anything else right now. Did you write a support letter? (not compulsory but can help strenghten your application)

And how about your latest P60 to prove you have been paying tax?

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:34 am

Hey Brit Chick,

I did write a support letter which included info about my sitaution, where i work, how much i earn and what my expenditures are, talked about where we will be staying and about our relationship.

I dont have a P60 as this is my first full time job, the payslips i have show the tax and NI that i pay. Whilst i was at Uni i only had P45 but i used to not pay tax coz it was part time work whilst i was a student.

Is there anything else you thing i should have included so i can start gathering the evidence IF the visa gets rejected (hopefully it wont)

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:24 pm

I can't think of anything, but besides you shouldn't assume that you'll get a rejection just cos your application didn't include the same things as everyone elses.

When are your 13 weeks up? We've got four more to go before we hear back from the BHC in islamabad.

Rashid786
Newly Registered

Post by Rashid786 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Brit Chick, its actually 12 weeks now I believe (checked on VisaDropBox.com), 6 weeks left for myself.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried tracking their visa on this website, I've heard its pretty useless.

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Hey Guys,

My husband submitted the paperwork last week so ive still got ages!

My Husbands Freind submitted his on 25th August and got a reply back last week saying he got the visa and that was only 9 weeks so just keep a track on the application

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:36 pm

Rashid786 wrote:Brit Chick, its actually 12 weeks now I believe (checked on VisaDropBox.com), 6 weeks left for myself.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried tracking their visa on this website, I've heard its pretty useless.
The website is usless, it's never updated often enough. But good news if the waiting time has gone down to 12 weeks now.

TCO - was your husbands friends visa from islamabad too? 9 weeks is pretty efficient for them! I think ours will take the full 13 weeks as we have an appeal going through too, this is our second application which hopefully (inshahallah) will be granted.