ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant ILR Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kaykay121
Newly Registered

Dependant ILR Query

Post by Kaykay121 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello there,

I have married recently few months ago and my ILR is due for next month. My wife has arrived here on dependant visa before 10 days only.

Query: is she eligible to apply for ILR with my application as a dependant (as she has not styaed in UK for 5 years) or should I go for my ILR visa and her FLR visa procedure. Help me out.

Please reply.

Many thanks for your help.

Kay.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 am

If she has not spent at least 2 years with you in the UK, then she should apply for FLR(M).
Last edited by vinny on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kaykay121
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Kaykay121 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Vinny for your help.

I am also wondering if I can apply her visa as my ILR dependent and not go for FLR route. Knowing the current situation would they grant her 2 years of visa (??).

The advantage for me is that I have to apply once and submit all documents and the outcome will be on same day.

Your response will help.

Many thanks,
Kay.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re:

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:12 am

Kaykay121 wrote:I am also wondering if I can apply her visa as my ILR dependent and not go for FLR route.
That seems to be the same question that you asked originally

Kaykay121
Newly Registered

Post by Kaykay121 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:20 am

May be you are right.

I am trying to see the possibilities (if there is any) where I apply for once and finish this chapter rather than applying separately and have more hassle.

All I want to know is if I apply for her Dependent ILR visa, would they approve for two years??

Hope I have managed to explain better this time.

Many thanks,
Kay.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 am

dude, stop repeating the same question again for the 3rd time, your query has already been answered so look into the links Vinny provided
Manka

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 am

They will grant her leave that is valid for two years but she may apply for ILR as soon as she has been married for two years and lived in the UK for two years (aggregated with any time spent on her current PBS dependent status)