ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

the amount on bank statement doesn't match pay slip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benneviss

the amount on bank statement doesn't match pay slip

Post by benneviss » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 pm

I was working with the small firm and I had been paid by cheque every month. I also incurred some expenses for the firm, which was paid by cheque as well.

I had deposited salary cheque and expenses cheque together with the bank . I was under impression that it would carry different entries however, I just found out that bank has combined both cheque and shown both amount as a single entry. Obviously , the amount on bank statement doesn't match on pay slip . I went to the bank and they said they can't give any explanation . The firm I used to work has closed its business .

to make it simple - Salary on pay slip -£1000
On bank statement - £1000+£58 (expenses) = £1058

Is there any way out ? Please note all are genuine business, it was just mistake happened that deposited both cheque together with one deposit slips .

Any advice highly appreciated

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Tell the bank to issue a statement with correct entries, if it cannot be corrected then get a letter from the manager explaining what has happened
Manka

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply .

I have been to bank . They did check their system but both cheque were paid in with single deposit slip and hence it shows as an one entry . Manager advised me that I should have used separate slip and also should have ask to make it separate entry . She is not ready to write as she couldn't find two different cheque deposited on her system .

Manka10 wrote:Tell the bank to issue a statement with correct entries, if it cannot be corrected then get a letter from the manager explaining what has happened

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:06 pm

banks keep a copy of all checks deposited, tell the manager to get up & do some work, if you know 2 separate checks were deposited then they cannot dispute & have to find out.

be firm & assertive with the manager & do not budge until they get their poop in a group
Manka

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 pm

OK brother , Will do on Monday .

However, do you have any other option in mind.

Manka10 wrote:banks keep a copy of all checks deposited, tell the manager to get up & do some work, if you know 2 separate checks were deposited then they cannot dispute & have to find out.

be firm & assertive with the manager & do not budge until they get their poop in a group

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 pm

the banks must be able to explain the gaffe mate so try to get the letter first

as a last option if you cannot get a letter then explain the situation yourself in a covering letter
Manka

chauhanm
BANNED

Post by chauhanm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Manka is absolutely right. UKBA will reject your case on proof of income. They will exclude those entries which does not match with payslips and bank. I do not want to scare you but one of my friend has same issues but in his case payslips amount and bank receipt was out by 30pence.

If you can't get a copy of cheque then you have to contact that firm's director (i know firm is closed) and if you manage to contact him explain your situation and get one letterhead and write backdated letter saying that I have paid you £1058 to your bank account and out of which £1000 is your wages and £58 reimbursement to your expenses for company.

I hope above explains you what I mean.

good luck mi8

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Thank you brother .

I have just received my ex-boss email he is out of country on a world tour.

So , I have to try my luck with the Bank .

Are you sure they only reject two disputed entries and not all wages ?

chauhanm wrote:Manka is absolutely right. UKBA will reject your case on proof of income. They will exclude those entries which does not match with payslips and bank. I do not want to scare you but one of my friend has same issues but in his case payslips amount and bank receipt was out by 30pence.

If you can't get a copy of cheque then you have to contact that firm's director (i know firm is closed) and if you manage to contact him explain your situation and get one letterhead and write backdated letter saying that I have paid you £1058 to your bank account and out of which £1000 is your wages and £58 reimbursement to your expenses for company.

good luck mi8

chauhanm
BANNED

Post by chauhanm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm

benneviss wrote:Thank you brother .

I have just received my ex-boss email he is out of country on a world tour.

So , I have to try my luck with the Bank .

Are you sure they only reject two disputed entries and not all wages ?

chauhanm wrote:Manka is absolutely right. UKBA will reject your case on proof of income. They will exclude those entries which does not match with payslips and bank. I do not want to scare you but one of my friend has same issues but in his case payslips amount and bank receipt was out by 30pence.

good luck mi8

Ya they will not count disputed income and still you meet with earnings point then it's fine. As this was happened. But all case workers strategies don't know. So good luck once again